Annotate a schematic diagram in multism 12.0

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Electrode, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Electrode

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Hi I wish to ask how to annotate a schematic diagram on multism12.0.

I built a circuit and worked correctly as simulation but when tried to built it on a bread board since it is complicated using 10 ic's of 14 pin each is very difficult not to make mistakes.

I heard about a way to annotate the circuit diagram so the software produces all the neccessary pin numbers for each gate connection and this would greatly help me to avoid mistakes in practice.

Can this be done? And if yes how?

Thanking you in advance who ever helps.

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The datasheet for an IC shows what each pin does. If you look at the datasheet while laying out a circuit then it is difficult to connect the pins wrong when the circuit is built.

Electrode likes this.
  3. Electrode

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    OK but the problem would be when wiring a number of ic's there will be such large number of wires that will confuse anyone and is very easy to make mistakes.

I heard that on multism one can annotate the schematic and automatically gives all pinout numbers of the ics so to avoid confusion for trouble shooting the circuit after built

4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    When I design a complicated circuit with hundreds of wires then I know what each pin is for and I do not make mistakes.

I have seen teachers and students using Multisim but never engineers. When I was an engineer I also never used Multisim.

5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    I am not a Multisim user but look at it and see if it generates a net list. A net list is simply a list of what pin of what device(s) connect to other pins. Each grouup of connections is a net.

*Some* net list formats are quite readable, meaning you can open them in notepad and see things like "net 12345: U2-3, U4-7, R1-2" You may find it easier to follow such a list.

Myself, I can follow the schematic, which is the same information in a different format. When I make a connection I scribble over the connection on the schematic.

(And I make mistakes when I wire, so I go back and check continuity and for shorts before I apply the power.)