Anemomitor Problem Again :(

H2OS

Joined May 7, 2010
Ok, me again
We got the "three cup wind catcher" part to work with the reed switch idea :D , but now we have come across another roadblock (another being very emphasized). For the DIRECTION of the wind, were using a 25k potentiometer (which is what the specifications say we need) atatched to a vane. Now, the potentiometer is exactly what the specs say we need, but whenever we hook it up and turn the shaft, we just get random values. Any other kind of part we could use? Preferrably low price as I have to pay for it myself, but im open for all ideas either way.

And if not another part id love to hear what else we could do to fix it up or otherwise make it work right.

Thanks in advance
-~H2OS~-

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
If your pot has been converted to 360 deg. rotation, one end ground, other with a voltage,V,Then wiper should read a smooth continuous voltage reading from 0 to V; if so problem is in the electronics. Again -need schematic.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Now, the potentiometer is exactly what the specs say we need, but whenever we hook it up and turn the shaft, we just get random values.
This is probably another case where the schematic is necessary for assistance.