Android

tahir51214

Joined Nov 11, 2011
I have a great collection of books in pdf format in my pc. My problem is that I cant sit in front of my pc while reading a document for more than 30 minutes, although I have quite user friendly LCD monitor. On the other end I on my phone can read a book for much larger time. My phone has only 3.5" display. When I start reading pdf book I have to scroll it left and right every 20 to 30 seconds because of its small display. Is there any android app where I can read these books without left or right scrolling, An app which is genius enough to increase font and read phone limitation to adjust itself here. Even if it is paid I shall buy it.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
.pdf format doesn't allow devices to reduce the line length and fit less words in a line.

Only e-book formats have such functionality, but your document must be in it.

An alternative is to convert the .pdf to an e-book and then find an application for android that reads e-books. The conversion can be handled by Calibre, a free software, but the results for technical documents aren't great.

tahir51214

Joined Nov 11, 2011
Thanks I used it and it was good for text material but diagrams were destroyed by Calibre. Easy to read in phone, The epub format converted by this software.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Look at mobipocket creator. It will convert pdf's to ebook format. However, to get all the features in your ebook, you will need to create things like the TOC and the cover. It does not handle datasheets ... as the table's don't convert well.

It did convert NEETS module 1 pretty decently. The schematics and graphics showed properly.

Last edited: