Android pad osilloscope

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Steve R in FL, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Steve R in FL

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 9, 2015
  2. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    No price in the LabNation store! Is it available to buy at the moment?

Steve R in FL likes this.
  3. Steve R in FL

Jan 9, 2015
    I think so. Looks like $229 and the android app download is free. Not sure I understand what is actually for sale though, whether probes are included etc. I see the USB adapter is extra, but not sure if it is different than any other cable.

https://www.lab-nation.com/store

4. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    That's the page I looked at but it's not giving any prices for me just the Euro symbol?

5. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    The scope in itself looks very much like other USB offerings with the exception of the ability to work with Andriod. Would he use it outside of the classroom?

I know when I was a student all I was interested in was paying the rent and having enough money for a few beers. :)

6. Steve R in FL

Jan 9, 2015
    I got a pop-up with the price, and a click to put it in the shopping cart for $229usd. To be honest, I don't know if he would use it at all. Maybe I just want it for myself and I'm using my son as an excuse for justifying the purchase.

7. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    It would no doubt be useful for any electronic engineering student who played with electronics outside of the classroom. Is he studying any particular branch of electronics?

8. Steve R in FL

Jan 9, 2015
    Really don't know yet. In fact he's still finishing up his last year of high school. Was thinking of it as a graduation present perhaps.

9. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    I think yu should buy one for yourself and try it out :) You wouldn't want to buy him a gift and then find out it is no good. By the way, my students tell me it works really well. :)