Android Applications

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by OSOO, May 21, 2014.

1. OSOO

Thread Starter Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Hi,

What is the best and most common way to develop android phone applications ?

and Please could you suggest me a textbook or something to learn from

2. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Google Android Studio... Should give lots of hit, and tutorials?

3. OSOO

Thread Starter Member

Feb 19, 2014
    what is the programming language used with google android studio ?

what is better to use eclipse or google android studio ?

4. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Android Studio is the newer offering from Google, Eclipse is a general purpose IDE, initially developed for Java and which has an Android plugin. Which is better depends on a lot of factors, I have been using Eclipse for longer than I can remember so it feels like a natural choice. You may prefer Studio, why not try both and see, they are free.

Android Apps are developed in Java, although due to copyright issues Google don't actually call it Java.

OSOO likes this.
  5. John P

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2008
    I just got an Android tablet and looked around at all the apps that I could get; it must be in the millions! Then I wondered how the programming is done, and as I was making a trip to my local library, I took a look at what they had. There were several books on Android programming, even "Android for Dummies". They talked about the Eclipse system, and the language is Java, though I've also heard you can use C. Learning to do it might be fun, but I bet there would be frustration along the way. I think I'll let other people do it for me.

OSOO likes this.
  6. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    If you just want to try something relatively simple you could try App Inventor, it's free and very simple to program as it's all GUI (like Lego Mindstorms).

OSOO likes this.