Android and Arduino Bluetooth wireless Communications

Gelingo

Joined May 30, 2011
While the Google ADK was great for allowing the two devices to interact over a USB connection, we felt that the system would be far better if it allowed for wireless communications instead.

We added a Bluetooth Bee to Arduino setup and got busy writing an Android application that uses the handset’s built in Bluetooth module to communicate using the ADK. The application configures your phone to act as either a client or server when pairing. This does not affect data flow, as communications are bi-directional, it merely decides which device is placed in discoverable mode.

once the phone and Arduino are connected, it is quite easy to send serial data back and forth between the two devices

As of right now, our Bluetooth API is in Beta. You can see the whole process below, and any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Communication between Android and Arduino with Bluetooth(1)
Communication between Android and Arduino with Bluetooth(2)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Have you also posted this in the arduino forum (www.arduino.cc)? If not, I suggest you do so. The arduino forum has as many or more members as this forum, and each one of them has experience with arduino. You are much more likely to find someone with direct experience on your arduino/bluetooth bee topic there.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
oh, sorry. I thought you had a real question. Upon reading your post more thouroughly, I realize it's just advertisement

Gelingo

Joined May 30, 2011
It's not just advertisement. It's a bata one right now. So things might still be a bit rough around the edges. We do hope anyone to download and modify the code, which is freely available on our site.
And thanks for your suggestion, I'll try it.