And suddenly, IT'S SPRING!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The weather finally broke in western PA today.
Sun is beaming, wind is warm, birds chirping, trees budding, children playing, motorcycles roaring and neighbors stopping to talk.

Sorry guys from Florida, you can talk all you want how nice it is down there all year around. But there is nothing like spring in the Northern Latitudes. It is like repeatedly hitting your hand with a hammer - it feels so good when you stop!

Happy Easter.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
It's about time! Here in SE PA it's nice also, although up in the NE part of the state where I was earlier today for Easter with the family, it was windy, rainy and bone-chilling cold.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
You have spring time that sounds great, we lost the spring almost getting to the hot summer, the temperature on yesterday in my room about 32℃(89.6℉), it's hot just like the radiation heat of sunlight get into the room.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yep. We started warming up about two weeks ago, almost two full months ahead of last year, so the frost is out of the ground most places around here which means I can get back to my construction projects.:cool:

Yesterday hauled in a ton or two of old manure for my wifes lower garden and worked it under so that is one spring project that is done. Next is the bigger upper garden for potatoes and corn. That doesn't need much manure but it does need a bit of leveling again.

After that the lower house needs the sewer drain field extended about 20 feet and the top cover layer stripped off and replaced with sand being I must have had far more clay in the cover material than I thought because the drain field vapor locked last fall and needed a vent tube put in to keep the sewer from backing up.

After that some more run off drainage and landscaping in that part of the yard needs finishing so I can be done with planting grass around the old house this year.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
But there is nothing like spring in the Northern Latitudes. It is like repeatedly hitting your hand with a hammer - it feels so good when you stop!.
There are things that you knew before but there is nothing like seeing them in writing. ;)

Gracias.

Here is around 05.45 in the morning and today IS cold.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Some views from my front window:

upload_2015-4-9_18-35-55.png

That guy -- Jake -- was huge. More than twice the size of any of the three hens who were with him. He was keeping his distance as a watch out.

Warm and humid with rain all day.

John