And now for something weird...

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
Looking at the above pictures I keep wondering why there is such a mess of telephone lines and power lines up in the air. Why are they not placed underground?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Looking at the above pictures I keep wondering why there is such a mess of telephone lines and power lines up in the air. Why are they not placed underground?
Because in Oregon, trees (and good Coastal Douglas Fir power poles) are cheap.

There is an underground in Portland downtown where many a drunk found his way to China.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

In Holland power cables upto 10000 Volts go underground.
Above 10000 Volts are on poles.

All communication lines are also underground.

Bertus

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://oregoncannabisgrowersfair.com/live-plant-contest/
The live plant contest will feature a panel of judges deciding on the best cannabis plant of each category based on a variety of measures. The winners of each category will be featured at the Oregon State Fair the following weeks! There are three competition categories: Sativa, Indica and Hybrids. Plants will be judged on the following criteria:

• Color
  • Shape and structure
  • Node stacking
  • Leaf structure
  • Aroma
  • General health and lack of pest

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

Joined Nov 30, 2010
"Girls given imitation babies to look after in an effort to deter teenage pregnancy could actually be more likely to get pregnant, according to a study."

I tried this experiment with real people. When my girlfriend started talking about making babies, I had her borrow two of her best friend's children for the weekend. By Monday morning, she was completely over wanting anything which required that much time and energy.:p

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
"Girls given imitation babies to look after in an effort to deter teenage pregnancy could actually be more likely to get pregnant, according to a study."

I tried this experiment with real people. When my girlfriend started talking about making babies, I had her borrow two of her best friend's children for the weekend. By Monday morning, she was completely over wanting anything which required that much time and energy.:p
It seems they used the wrong sort of baby trainer.