Analyzing KCL and KVL

Datsun 72

Joined Apr 20, 2015
Hello,

Currently I am in a Electrical circuits 101 class. I am having difficulties under standing KCL and KVL when it comes to circuit analysis. Can someone explain to me how to use these theorems and when to use them? I've been reading over and over and doing problems but still confused when to use what.

Thanks!

kdillinger

Joined Jul 26, 2009
In before someone says, "go read this."

You can always use KVL and KCL. You can use one or the other, or both in the same circuit. It's personal preference, but there are situations where it may be best to use one or the other. It can depend on the number of nodes (KCL) or loops (KVL) which may help you decide which one to use.

Is there a particular example circuit you had in mind that you would like someone to walk thru?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It will work best if you post a circuit you are struggling with along with your best attempt to get as far as you can. That way we can see where you are going right and where you are going wrong.

Datsun 72

Joined Apr 20, 2015
I'll try and post a problem up. But I had an issue on an exam labeling V1, V2 and V3 at the nodes. In actuality it was supposed to be only V1, but I put V1, V2, and V3.