Analysing this easy 2 relay circuit .

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
HI all .

I have been trying to simulate this circuit , but the problem is not the cimulation but how it actually works .

As you can see in the circuit , there is 2 KM contactors 1 and 2 , each one has a coil and 1 switch ( NC i guess) that changes its state when the coil is fed .

First i don't know what does the triangle symbol means ?

Does the two contactors have two different switches one NC and another NO ?

This circuit is meant to block the rotation to one sens until the motor is stopped, how can this circuit do that , i mean what is the logic ?

Attachments

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
its a reversing relay. the triangle means that the two contactors are mechanicly interlocked so they can only turn on one at a time. the double circle thing between the contacts and the relays is a "plugging switch" that senses zero rotation of the motor so it can be reversed.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Tanks , i have figured out how it works after a while , the double circle symbol is just a step down transformer .

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Thanks max , your links are very good .

Ill be very happy to share with you the rs logix along with the emulator .

As for the design i notice the difference between NA and EU , NA schems are more ladder oriented .

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Thanks, I have RSlogix but I usually plug the program into a PLC for debug, but don't do much AB any more, mostly Mitsubishi.
On a NA EU related note, I see that N.A. code has adopted the European version of a previous wire colour difference, namely the conductor colour of one that originates outside of an enclosure and may be live, previously it was Yellow for N.A. and Orange for Europe, now Orange for both.
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Thanks, I have RSlogix but I usually plug the program into a PLC for debug, but don't do much AB any more, mostly Mitsubishi.
On a NA EU related note, I see that N.A. code has adopted the European version of a previous wire colour difference, namely the conductor colour of one that originates outside of an enclosure and may be live, previously it was Yellow for N.A. and Orange for Europe, now Orange for both.
Max.
Can i use the rs ladder diagrams to program a mitsubishi plc for example

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
No they have completely different instruction sets and are incompatible with each other unfortunately.
All PLC's pretty much have their own software and instructions although similar in some respects, do not work together.
Max.