Analog switch with cyclin output.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Eptsy, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Eptsy

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I don't have an answer, but I have a similar problem. I'm looking for an analog switch that can rely on a single control input to cycle through 6 or 8 signal channels.

I've found one chip that does exactly what I want, but it seems to only be available in a tiny ball-grid array package and I have no idea how to work with.

This one might work too, but requires a digital control signal which I wouldn't know how to generate just yet.

I just found these by googling things like "analog switch" and "analog multiplexer," but perhaps there are other types of devices that I don't know about that can help me do what I want, so maybe there's an experienced person that can point me in the right direction.
  2. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
    Depending upon the frequency you need to switch between channels, the old CD4051 should work. To cycle through the channels you can use a counter such as a CD45416 to provide the sequential address.
  3. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    If you are going to increment the counter with a switch, it will have to be debounced.