Analog scope - On-screen text

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I've reworked the whole code of an old project of mine from August 2009.

The results are shown in the video which happens to be my very first in life. (Why Youtube provides that awful blurred image, is a mistery to me :()

Critics of any kind are kindly requested and will be appreciated.

Today I feel happy.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Neat stuff!

Most of my Tek 7000 series analog scopes have on-screen readouts (Tek 7K series are a mainframe with 3-4 slots for plug-ins). I read about someone who made an analog clock using the readout subsystem.

Stuntman

Joined Mar 28, 2011
Cool video.

Am I correct in assuming you are using the scope in X-Y and using an R2R paired with an octal latch for the Ch1, then the same for Ch2?

This is a clever project.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Cool video. Am I correct in assuming you are using the scope in X-Y and using an R2R paired with an octal latch for the Ch1, then the same for Ch2?

This is a clever project.
Yes, in X-Y mode plus the Z axis where, instead of enhancing the beam I cut it prior the beam moves to the next dot. I expect to post more complete info shortly.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Neat stuff!

Most of my Tek 7000 series analog scopes have on-screen readouts (Tek 7K series are a mainframe with 3-4 slots for plug-ins). I read about someone who made an analog clock using the readout subsystem.
Thanks DL.

I think I had the chance to see one of those Teks, just once. They impressed me a lot.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I've reworked the whole code of an old project of mine from August 2009.

The results are shown in the video which happens to be my very first in life. (Why Youtube provides that awful blurred image, is a mistery to me :()

Critics of any kind are kindly requested and will be appreciated.

Today I feel happy.
Agustín, as we like to say down here: "buen rollo!" ... *thumbs up*

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I think I had the chance to see one of those Teks, just once. They impressed me a lot.
They should be quite affordable now. Literally for pennies on the dollar. After I bought my first one, I realized it had some custom parts and got several more for parts. Most of them work, so I can set them up for certain things and leave them (one with a 70 MHz DSO, one with a logic analyzer, ...).