Analog Circuit (guitar effects)

rfpd

Joined Jul 6, 2016
Below is the schmatics of spring reverb and BBD use in a old Yamaha electronic organ....

View attachment 108985 View attachment 108986

Thank you for the answer, there's not much to study about BBDs I always see complicated circuits using BBDs I assume most of the stuff there are just filters, I didn't find any basic example on how to just make a simple delay, no filters no nothing, just inputing the signal and getting the output. I always noticed that there are some clock generators, that can get more delay out of a chip, but I don't think one would be needed, I thought that I needed at least 200 ms delay but that's too much, delay up to 50ms would be nice (MN3007).

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
BBD-based delays are analog but are still sampled, that's why they use filters. You can disregard the filters and accept the aliasing if you want. A clock generator is absolutely needed, regardless of the length of delay.

You might be able to string a bunch of all-pass filters together to get a few milliseconds of delay without sampling, but the delay time would vary by frequency.

rfpd

Joined Jul 6, 2016
BBD-based delays are analog but are still sampled, that's why they use filters. You can disregard the filters and accept the aliasing if you want. A clock generator is absolutely needed, regardless of the length of delay.

You might be able to string a bunch of all-pass filters together to get a few milliseconds of delay without sampling, but the delay time would vary by frequency.
Thanks, that seems like a good I idea I actually have already tried that but it wasn't working the way I wanted to, but after some research I saw some details I was forgetting about.