An open book test by corrospondence

past me

Joined Dec 14, 2009
HI guys thanks for your insight and help if some one would be as kind to proof read my answers for my assigment would much be helpfull to me my first page is fill in the right terms or words.
red will be my answer and a couple i dont know i would be open to any help if use didnt mind.

A) A simple electrical circuit consists of conductors connecting the voltage source to the load.

B) A switch is always provided in a circuit to interrupt or isolate the current.

C) An "open circuit" means the ciruit is Broken

D) An "over load" in a circuit occurs when the current is excessive.

E) The name of the unit to measure resistance is the ohmmeter

F) When measuring current the multimeter is always connected in Series with the load.

G) In a simple parallel Circuit the Voltage is the same across all components.

H) Resistors connected in parallel have a total resistance value that is less than the smallest resistor value.

I) If 10 resistors, connected in parallel have a value of 5 are connected in series. The total circuit resistance will be ???

J) When measuring D.C currents and voltages the Function or setting of the meter must be considered.

K) A mulitmeter can be used to measure voltage,current,resistance

L) DC means the current in the circuit is flowing in only one direction

M) A capacitor allows electrical current to flow through it.

N) in a telecommunications network you will find various types of currents, these are both ?? and ??

O) An inductor will allow ac through

P) in a telephone circuit you will find a capacitor in the ?? circuit to stop the ?? current flowing in the circuit.

Last edited:

Paulo540

Joined Nov 23, 2009
Most of them seem right, but M and O aren't entirely correct, and Im not as sure about the others at the bottom. But an inductor is known for blocking AC and allowing DC, whilst Capacitors are known for passing AC and blocking DC, you should definitely go back over your chapter and make sure you understand those fundamentals, they will appear and re-appear throughout your course.

For I, 1/RT = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ....... 1/R10, so what do you need for R1 thru R10 to make the answer 5? Easy enough to figure it out.

Cheers, DPW [Always remember that you are not going to live forever.]