An excerpt from my next novel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KL7AJ, Jul 22, 2009.

1. KL7AJ

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    This is an excerpt from Vengeance is Mine, my sequel-in-progress to Plasma Dreams. It's one of those paragraphs that just sort of wrote itself. :)

Venny had often quipped that an ounce of lead now will save a pound of Plutonium later. She had argued most convincingly that all the evils of the modern world were really the complete responsibility of a handful of people—well, actually two handfuls, plus one finger. The surgical elimination of these eleven cancerous boils, at the cost of twenty-seven cents per round, would nearly instantly transform the globe into the Garden of Eden once more. Most of Venny’s colleagues in the CIA concurred with her analysis, plus or minus a round or two.....

Eric

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    What's the synopsis Eric? (Are we allowed to ask?)

Dave

3. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    Cool it sounds like Tom Clancy. Spies, CIA, evil governments, etc. I love his books. Read most of them.

4. KL7AJ

Nov 4, 2008

I'm working on that this weekend, as part of my marketing package. :)

eric

5. steveb

Jul 3, 2008
    I like your titles and your writing style.

The underlying concept is also interesting, although it differs from my long established opinion that our tragic destinies are innevitable, and our villians created by random chance filling the empty niches formed in human history.

However, I would not be opposed to an experiment with a time machine and a laser-sighted rifle, just to find out who is right. :)

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Will you lets us know or will that be restricted (at this time)?

Dave

7. KL7AJ

Nov 4, 2008
    Tell ya what....since AAC denizens have such excellent discretion, I am going to allow a sneak preview of my first chapter first draft. :)

The synopsis is actually a bit more "classified" so I'm going to hold off on revealing that.

The next one will cost you. :)

Eric

8. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Thanks!

So would I be right in saying it's a "Spy Thriller". I like the first chapter being dialogue driven - lets you get a feel for the characters without being too concerned with other details.

Dave

9. KL7AJ

Nov 4, 2008
    Haven't quite narrowed down the category yet. Since it's a sequel to a "scientific literary" work, I'd like to keep it as mainstream as possible. :)

Stay tuned.

Eric

10. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Will do. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

11. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    The round or two sounds like drinks, the lead protecting plutonium. Lead 27 cents,
    the boil's from handleing the package and medical. The starting over in the garden,
    maybe the cast survied to start over,talking about there existance.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  12. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I've thought about writing scifi, but I suspect I'm not focused enough for it. Ever been to a scifi convention? Met Mr. Saberhagen once that way.

13. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    Hey Eric, I like your style of writing! Unfortunately, I don't write that well.

I am curious, in addition to writing the novel, are you also editing your work also?

Keep up the good work ;)

14. KL7AJ

Nov 4, 2008
    I try to have my writing pretty polished by the time it gets to a publisher, but there's always a long editing process afterwards, anyway. :)

eric