An Apology

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I think @Hypatia's Protege is an English Prof
Thats what I figured.. Retired English Professor, Patent Attorney or just someone attempting to hide some other "issues"/Napoleon Complex..
I wonder if he/she drives a yellow Hummer :p

Come on Hypathia.. let the cat out of the bag..
Do you have an "innie" or an "outie"? :D

all in fun of course...

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
But after seeing the "relationship" that "he" and Aleph(0) have and "her" avatar picture I just assumed Hypatia was the "dude" and Aleph(0) was the "chick".. But I guess those sort of assumptions arent "PC" now a days :D
To clear the air --"Aleph" is an immediate blood relative - so no worries...:rolleyes:-- Not that there's anything wrong with that:D:D:D

With profuse apologies to J. Seinfeld et al.
HP:)

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Great Thread, people! A morning is always better with a laugh.
I think I'll stay out of this one because it was only yesterday I accused HP of running over a dog with a snow blower. I think I've used up my teasing privileges for a few days.:D

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
@jrap

It would be nice if there was a note indicating that comments are reviewed before they become visible. It could take up to 72 hours for a review, considering three day weekends.

HP's original thread, leading to jrap's response, gave us a peek at that detail of website operations. Even delayed responses, can raise the "censorship flag." I know that jrap stated there is no censorship, and I believe him, but in today's instant gratification society, perception is reality.

I noticed there is no place for someone to put in a name or handle and email address, maybe the site should allow only comments from "registered" users, as that boosts their digital membership numbers. That will work if there is a validating routine for the membership registration. It's been so long since I registered, I can't remember if I got an email to confirm the registration.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
@jrap

It would be nice if there was a note indicating that comments are reviewed before they become visible. It could take up to 72 hours for a review, considering three day weekends.

HP's original thread, leading to jrap's response, gave us a peek at that detail of website operations. Even delayed responses, can raise the "censorship flag." I know that jrap stated there is no censorship, and I believe him, but in today's instant gratification society, perception is reality.

I noticed there is no place for someone to put in a name or handle and email address, maybe the site should allow only comments from "registered" users, as that boosts their digital membership numbers. That will work if there is a validating routine for the membership registration. It's been so long since I registered, I can't remember if I got an email to confirm the registration.
I had absolutely no idea what the comment meant so it is no skin off my nose it did not appear right away.

Best I can figure, HP was calling those that like to experiment with Aduino morons.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
In all fairness there may be such a notice -- Submission of my comment was immediately followed by an 'orange screen' error message --- Which is by no means an excuse for my 'knee-jerk' reaction!:oops:

Best regards
HP

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I WANNA SEE THE THREAD. Cause beside the apology I have no clue what so freakin ever why HP apologized.
On a lighter note, a innie or an outie?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
@Hypatia's Protégé

I went and checked one of the "articles" and looked at the comment section. There was no information there concerning my comments. If there were, I would have said you failed to adhere to the warning about delayed visibility.

As this site goes under it's changes, there are things not addressed ... as I don't think the management knows all there is to know, as I believe no one does. It takes little "faults" being brought to their attention so they can address the issue. Had you not posted, we would have never known about the "delayed visibility" of the comments.

p.s. I have no association with AAC other than being a common member. I have been using forums and discussions of varying formats since the mid 1990s, including IRC chat, NNTP, and even threaded discussion groups.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
To clear he air --"Aleph" is an immediate blood relative - so no worries...:rolleyes:-- Not that there's anything wrong with that:D:D:D

With profuse apologies to J. Seinfeld et al.
HP:)
Thank you for clearing the air, HP! To me, it was obvious that your relationship with @Aleph(0), was much more intimate than me and @joeyd999 ! Your sanguine relationship must have had a basis in more than casual friendship. A blood relationship is easy to understand.