amplifying microprocessor

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I probably know some bad ways too.

When I say, use 2x red LEDs for PIC32 3.3v, many people say that's pretty bad. Backscatter of 80 MHz + harmonics are induced over the LED capacitance, so it actually conducts backwards, and then the EMI from the main switching regulator travels forwards over the standing wave, and you get a problem, you need to wind a collecting wire over the cables to the PIC32, and ground it.

Yes there are many bad ways to accomplish amplification but I wont tell you.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I probably know some bad ways too.

When I say, use 2x red LEDs for PIC32 3.3v, many people say that's pretty bad. Backscatter of 80 MHz + harmonics are induced over the LED capacitance, so it actually conducts backwards, and then the EMI from the main switching regulator travels forwards over the standing wave, and you get a problem, you need to wind a collecting wire over the cables to the PIC32, and ground it.

Yes there are many bad ways to accomplish amplification but I wont tell you.
Not even for educational purposes?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Not even for educational purposes?
You could try to build a MAGAMP just with a collection wire wound over a transmission cable. A small change in the DC bias will cause a large change on the transmission cable, if you get the dimensions right.

It's bad because they are out of fashion so it wont be all that obvious.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
does any one know of any good amplifiers with a lot of supporting documentation that can be used with a microprocessor?
Your criteria is too broad.

Provide description of the input signal. Provide the description of desired output signal. Then we will be able to provide you with some meaningful assistance.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
does any one know of any good amplifiers with a lot of supporting documentation that can be used with a microprocessor?
What is the input to this amplifier?

What is the output of this amplifier driving?

Once you answer these two questions then we can sensibly talk about the piece in the middle.