Amplifying ELF

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You will never get the full 10 Vpp accross the coil.
The coil will have a to low impedance to have that voltage.
The only thing that you can do is raise the current through the coil.
This can be done using a power amplifier, depending on the wanted current.

Bertus

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
I posted the message without the details.

I was aware of the impedance issue but wasn't there coils designs with very (very) low impedance? i thought flat spiral coils were such coils.

I'll be working on the flat coils, but i'm still calculating what i'll need.

For the output at 12v i get 35.5-36MA which from what i've read the double is needed (i see 80Ma in one report).

Thanks again.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You can boost (amplify) the coil current in the post #2 circuit simply by reducing the value of the resistor in series with the coil. A value of 27 Ohms will give a coil current of ~120mA RMS with a 6V supply.
I'm with Bertus and the others. IMO the alleged effects claimed for this circuit will be 'experienced' only by believers. The Hans Andersen story of 'The King's New Clothes' comes to mind ;).

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
That's good for you, i guess.
OK, I'll apologise I was rude, and to your first post here on the forum which is not nice.

The reason for my joking rudeness was that your device is so obviously a scam to those with any significant level of electronics/magnetics knowlege. It's like posting on an auronautics forum that you can buy little sparkly fairy wings for $500 that let you fly higher than a 747! You should expect some jokes and insults.

Re facts, I hope this helps;
1. The magnetic field at that coil will be a square wave, so it can't cancel schumann resonances which will be sinewaves. Electronics people understand how square waves and sinewaves react. Debunked.

2. The magnetic field from a coil with that diameter, of 1uH (!), running on 50-60mA will be incredibly tiny, and localised, with a specific axis. To have any effect on a person you would have to hold it up touching your head at the correct angle and and even then it's unlikely. Electronics people have formulae for calculating magnetic field strength at different distances etc. To "affect a room" with that device is total bunkum.

3. If the goal is to cancel Schumann resonances, you need a sinewave (not squarewave), you need to sync the sine to the inverse of the Schumann sine, AND you need to match its amplitude too. Electronics people work with frequency cancellation as part of our job. More bunkum.

...Which is supposed to do is modifying the soundspace for more musicality and to amplify the listener experience, etc...
What is a "soundspace"? That is not an electronics or physics term. It's some type of gobbledygook term used by people with no knowlege of electrical waveforms or acoustics. And if a "soundspace" actually did exist, is it magnetic? How is a low-freq magnetic squarewave supposed to "modify" it?

I'm thinking the fairy wings have more cred. I might make some fairy wings for sale and put up a web page, and link the page to that "revive" device. Cross-marketing at its best... ;)

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Hi,

OK, I'll apologise I was rude, and to your first post here on the forum which is not nice.
You're entitled to have your own opinion(s) based on your knowledge and experiences.

The reason for my joking rudeness was that your device is so obviously a scam to those with any significant level of electronics/magnetics knowlege.
The schematic has just been found on a page on the subject, i'll leave the author judging his own circuit. I do not plan to replicate it.

About the revive, well i leave those who reviewed it, to explain themselves.

The magnetic field at that coil will be a square wave, so it can't cancel schumann resonances which will be sinewaves. Electronics people understand how square waves and sinewaves react. Debunked.
Not cancelling but generating this frequency or a following harmonic.

Square waves have been used in one study which is why i planned on trying it.

This concerned micro organisms and radiant fields (a japanese study i think)

The magnetic field from a coil with that diameter, of 1uH (!), running on 50-60mA will be incredibly tiny, and localised, with a specific axis. To have any effect on a person you would have to hold it up touching your head at the correct angle and and even then it's unlikely. Electronics people have formulae for calculating magnetic field strength at different distances etc. To "affect a room" with that device is total bunkum.
To this i have an experience i can tell:

More than 20 years ago a russian friend who worked outside of moscow, monitored and analyzed the effects of magnetic fields on plants cells.

The fields were extremely weak but they were changes and his research group expected to complete a non invasive procedure to isolate and modify certain traits of the "subjects."

This is all i know.

This type of research is still active it seems:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15880893

Now this is not my field but i knew my friend quite well and have seen his work.

While attending a conference on neurobiology with my wife, we met someone mentioning behavioural modification using weak magnetic fields as research well worth of attention (i don't remember the country of the research group)

There are also research intra-utero using magnetic fields.

If the goal is to cancel Schumann resonances
Once again not cancelling.

What is a "soundspace"? That is not an electronics or physics term. It's some type of gobbledygook term used by people with no knowlege of electrical waveforms or acoustics. And if a "soundspace" actually did exist, is it magnetic? How is a low-freq magnetic squarewave supposed to "modify" it?
You are right the term is not correct but i didn't ask much of the guy who own the device, i thought that was what he meant. i'll ask more later.

While i guess the attention & comments on how i should spend my time, my money or my attention surely comes from good intentions, i do not need it.

This is a simple project, cost almost nothing and explaining the why's of attempting this, took much more time than actually doing it.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
total bunkum.
This thread reminds me of my former hobby of collecting home medical devices. They didn't do anything as most were non-contact metal coils, some had lights and some buzzed or flashed light (that was claimed to be "broad spectrum infrared light"). Most were pre-FDA and, from what I could find, most sold for $600 to $1000 dollars (1930s to 1970s) and were marketed to rich, older women with aches and pains through sewing/home magazines or even door-to-door.

My point is, unlike the old women and the medical devices, this OP is not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for his experiment and he wants to prove/disprove for himself that this device works. No reason to talk him out if it, hopefully nobody will get hurt (physically or financially). It is just an experiment. I just hope he is willing to tell us about the results once complete.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
and once again, people hear about something and make something else out of it. the Schuman resonance is the resonant frequency between the earth and ionosphere. mentioned by Tesla in his power transmission experiments, before Schuman calculated it. a magnetic field at thie frequency as weak as these are, would not propagate across a room, or even be detectable at any distance at all.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Oh, it will work if you use 100% oxygen free copper in the coil. And all of the capacitors in the circuit must be of the correct audiophile type.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
While i guess the attention & comments on how i should spend my time, my money or my attention surely comes from good intentions, i do not need it.

This is a simple project, cost almost nothing and explaining the why's of attempting this, took much more time than actually doing it.
OK, you made a valid point that it is your right to experiment with this and all I have done is say that it is useless, which has not helped you do the experiment.

So what amount of amplification do you need? The 555 timer can switch 100mA or so as a low freq squarewave.

To help with amplification of a higher power squarewave signal we need to know your requirements. We need to know your power supply voltage, how much current you plan to drive into your coil, and details of the coil itself might help too.

Something like the L293 hbridge IC might be a good option, or a small cheap ebay module for DC motor or stepper motor driving.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
More than 20 years ago a russian friend who worked outside of moscow, monitored and analyzed the effects of magnetic fields on plants cells. The fields were extremely weak but they were changes and his research group expected to complete a non invasive procedure to isolate and modify certain traits of the "subjects."
In other words brainwash the subjects? The procedure must have been effective; there's plenty of brainwashed people on the planet who now believe in these 'revive' and similar gadgets :).

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

There are power amplifiers that are capable of amperes.

Power Op Amp LM675 3A, 20W, 16-60V, 5.5MHz, TO-220
LM1875 4A, 20W, 16-60V, 70kHz, TO-220
LM3875 4A, 56W, 20-94V, 2 Mhz

Take you pick and succes.

Bertus

PS I have seen you PM, but we do not remove threads and delete accounts over here.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Hello,

Correct.

Good day to you.
What? So now people stop poking fun at you and actually try to help, you "take your ball and go home"?

You could be here having access to expert help, or you could be leaving in a huff just when you're about to get the thing you asked for.