amplifying cellphone signal

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Precious Molina, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Precious Molina

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 6, 2015
    theres no signal inside my room but on the outside there is, is there a way to amplify a signal, i dont want solder my cp, i just want somehting like putting my cp above the it

2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
  3. Precious Molina

Sep 6, 2015
    can transistor, opamp or sumthing do that like diy?

4. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    I doubt that, even if you could do it, that you would get below the price of a ready made unit.

Precious Molina likes this.
  5. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    sure, you could make an amplifyer, just study for years and learn to make microwave circuits, and hope the fcc dossn't catch you. otherwise, otherwise, try the passive repeater method, an antenna outside your window, and another inside, connected with coax, should get signals through the walls.

Precious Molina likes this.
  6. Precious Molina

Sep 6, 2015
    i thought simple discreet do that, so antenna would do, i try passive insted thanks kubeek alfacliff

7. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    the passive repeater is used a lot when metal buildings block radio signals.

8. MrSoftware

Oct 29, 2013
    That's an interesting idea, I would have thought the losses would have been too great for that to be effective. Does anyone know how well this works with WiFi frequencies (approx 2.4-5GHz)? I would have thought the losses would have been too great for this method to be effective, sounds like I made a bad assumption! :)

9. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    how much loss? maybe you are thinking about real long coax runs? even a coax with a loss of 20 db per 100 ft has only 2 db for 10 feet.