Amplifier using mosfet

p3arljam

Joined Dec 14, 2009
hi guys im new here..so basically i have to designn a amplifer with a phase shift of180 between input and output &with a voltage gain of (av)13
to feed Rload of5kΩ..well i think it gonna be common source amplifier mosfet cuz of the phase shift but i dun know which biasing technique i should use..any help would be appreciated :)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Most transistors and Mosfets use a voltage divider for their base or gate voltage then an emitter or source resistor to help stabilize the DC bias. The emitter resistor can be bypassed with a capacitor for high AC voltage gain.

p3arljam

Joined Dec 14, 2009
any ideas about the numbers or the equations that will help me determine which values i should use for the resistors and the battery ,,

whale

Joined Dec 21, 2008
common source confg with bypass capacitor is the best choice.the resistor and source parameter depends on the transistor you choose.the bypass and coupling capacitors value depends on the frequency of your operation.
c=1/(2(pi)f x). where x is capacitive reactance , choose very low value for it.

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
well i think it gonna be common source amplifier mosfet cuz of the phase shift [/QUOTE said:
Are you aware that a BJT in common emitter config. will give you a phase shift (inverted) output also.

BJT's are easier to design with when it comes to linear amplifiers, for a beginner to circuit design.

ftsolutions

Joined Nov 21, 2009
This is beginning to sound like a homework assignment. You can also search in the Homework section for very similar threads/questions as this for more clues. You have not provided any information as to what your power supply voltage, input signal voltage amplitude, or frequency bandwidth should be, so without more specifics, one cannot provide specific answers. Have you downloaded a datasheet for the 2n7000 and looked at the operating information/curves?

p3arljam

Joined Dec 14, 2009
it'll be 10khz freq. ..200m amplitude sin ..and the power supply voltage should be around 10v..and yes i have downloaded the 2n7000 datasheet..