Amplifier for an electret microphone

arenwi

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hi to every body, I need to desing an amplifier to acondicionate mi signal from an electret microphone, always working with sinusoidal waves.

I know inverters, rectifiers and more but I need another thing:

I need an amplifier who generates an automatically offset. To fit all of the signal in the possitive part. I need to take the lowest value of the imput signal and put it to 0 volts.

I attach you a picture.

Any ideas??? Many thanks

Attachments

arenwi

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hello, I´m trying to aconcionate an microphone electret signal to mi ADC to take Audio measurements.

I need to use op amps in single suply.

I was testing a lot of different circuits and I always have the same problem with the negative voltage

This is mi last circuit:

Captura de pantalla 2014-12-29 a la(s) 13.23.43.png

I need to know the pick to pick value of the signal. If there is only positive signal I can doublethe this positive pick signal to ovtain the picj to pick.

It could have problems becouse I didn´t know if the 0 volts of the output is the same 0 volts of the imput.
The output signal could be a little moved up or down and we can´t see it becouse is no posible to see the negative part.

Any Ideas?? many thanks

Any idea??

arenwi

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hi to every body, I need to desing an amplifier to acondicionate mi signal from an electret microphone to an adc, always working with sinusoidal waves.

I know inverters, rectifiers and more but I need another thing:

I need an amplifier who generates an automatically offset. To fit all of the imput signal (sinusoidal + & -) in the possitive part for every different outputs.

In other words, I need to take the lowest value of the input signal (negative value) and put it to 0 volts for every different inputs and ouputs.

I attach you a picture.

Captura de pantalla 2014-12-29 a la(s) 15.23.20.png

Any ideas??? Many thanks

Mod Edit: Again I have merged threads. Please don't open new threads and use the ones you have for the same subjects!

Last edited by a moderator:

arenwi

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hi to every body and thanks for your fast answers.

I was trying to write two different post at the same time, sorry I did.nt is no possible.

I know the single supply collection pdf but I cant find on there mi solution.

Bout the supply load resistor, Ericibbs told this. I like this, this night I will test it on board and tell someting about it.

About Bill´s amplifier, I´m studing it.

The coupling capacitors, I´m trying to use it but I think that if I have a problem of desing in my amplifier the condenser are not the solution, I was triying on mi circuit different values but is not the solution.

I will inform about mi advances. Many thanks

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Sometimes you need a lot of gain for the mic. In that case AC coupling the gain will eliminate the offset caused by the resistors.

Attachments

arenwi

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Hi to every body and many thanks for your help.

Yestreday I was asembling some circuits from this posts but with the same problems. The imput is a sine wave centred in volts.

Circuits like posted by Ericgibbs, Gophert it give me also a bad offset, with good amplification but some noise inside this. (Many tahnks for it)
This is what I have on the oscilloscope: (not a clean wave)

IMG_4604.JPG

I was also testing the Amplifier desing of of Bill_Marsen: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/project-mono-preamp.91836/

I is a very good amplifier, congratullations Bill, a good amplification with very low noise and very clean signal. This is what I had on the oscilloscope:
IMG_4607.JPG
In this case with the max gain the output was very good But I have a problem using smaller imputs:
IMG_4609.JPG

This amplifier always have a fixed offset of the middle od the Vcc. In this case with small signals we are loosing the a lot of BW mi ADC converter, look the red arrows, in this case are 1volt.

Captura de pantalla 2014-12-30 a la(s) 11.27.48.png
To use all of the BW of mi ADC I need an amplifier who can change its offset automatically. This offset must be the half value of the pick to pick voltage of the output. In this case the signal always came betwin 0 volts and it peak to peak value. This is what I need.

Captura de pantalla 2014-12-30 a la(s) 11.40.39.png

On this picture you can see that the output with differernt inputs Always came since 0 volts to each peak values.

Any Ideas????