Amplifier circuit for an infrared detector?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by geniusgoalie, Jul 10, 2006.

1. geniusgoalie

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    I'm working on a volunteer project at a local college, and I may need to do work on a 'amplifier circuit for an infrared detector'. Can anyone give me a description of what this exactly does? Also, is there a schematic or the like out there for one?

Thanks!

EDIT: What I really don't understand is how the amplifier circuit is related to the infared detector- I thought it would only work with sound? As you can tell, my understanding is superficial.

2. mrmeval

Distinguished Member

Jun 30, 2006
    You can amplify any varying electrical signal. An IR detector is usually a semiconductor doped to be sensitive to IR, there are a variety of them.

You'll need to provide details of what you want this amplified signal to do.

3. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Here is a link to an example of a basic infrared receiver/amplifier. It is located on Dave Johnson's website www.discovercircuits.com.

http://circuitos.cl.tripod.com/schem/r53.gif

There are a number of additional infrared circuits on this website that you may want to examine.

hgmjr

4. The Wonderer

Apr 25, 2007
    Thank you ppl !! ^_^

all the best for u all !

The wonderer !!

5. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    since the voltages gen by ir sensor a quite low we amplify them using amplifiers
    like opamp.
    the principle is also used to detect %of gases in a mix since diff gases absorb
    diff freq ir.