Amplification of small signal

shyckh

Joined Jul 28, 2014
I have a small signal coming from the camera called vertical sync signal. This signal is so small that my dmm dose not give any value. I have tried to use this signal for switching using npn transistor but failed. Any help ??

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Generally speaking, you cannot detect and observe logic signals using a digital multi-meter (DMM).
You need an oscilloscope of appropriate bandwidth in order to properly characterize the signal.

shyckh

Joined Jul 28, 2014
Ok
Generally speaking, you cannot detect and observe logic signals using a digital multi-meter (DMM).
You need an oscilloscope of appropriate bandwidth in order to properly characterize the signal.
ok than how can i use this signal for switching

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What is the voltage/div on the scope?
Where is 0V on the scale?

BTW, the frequency compensation on your scope probe needs adjusting.

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
If you are just wanting to determine the absence or presence of such a signal,you can use a tone detector IC like a Lm567.
Another way is to use an integrating network with a long time contant,so it charges up the C to a threshold voltage to trigger a bistable circuit.

If you want each pulse to switch something which then returns to it off state between pulse,thats another thing altogether.

shyckh

Joined Jul 28, 2014
If you are just wanting to determine the absence or presence of such a signal,you can use a tone detector IC like a Lm567.
Another way is to use an integrating network with a long time contant,so it charges up the C to a threshold voltage to trigger a bistable circuit.

If you want each pulse to switch something which then returns to it off state between pulse,thats another thing altogether.
I want to use it for switching