AMD processor

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by shin, May 8, 2007.

1. shin

Thread Starter Member

Oct 16, 2006
    How to measure the speed of AMD processor in GHz?:rolleyes:

2. n9352527

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2005
    Using an oscilloscope?

Seriously, why don't you just look at the model number (either physically or using processor ID) and then search on the web on the specific model?

3. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    if its on your pc then using something like system sandra
    or bios are cheap tricks i wud use otherwise using processor id and net as stated by mr digit is the only way i can think of .

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    There is a freeware program called Aida32 that will give you the information about every component in your computer. Also, going to the control panel and clicking the SYSTEM icon will show you the processor type and speed.

5. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
    You have to measure it with a special measure tape with the scale expressed in GHz.

But if you have it installed on a Windows machine, you can resort to My Computer > Properties.

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    I would be inclined to suggest that you take down the model number and nosy on over at AMDs website for a spec sheet. Windows has a habit of lying on things like processor speed, available physical memory and even the operating system version!

I would be interested in looking at that Aida32 that beenthere suggested, not seen that one before.

Dave

7. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    i believe aida32 is same as system sandra , there are other such softwares too which run a sort of hardware check.

8. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    I may be wrong on this, but from my musings Aida32 is freeware whereas System Sandra is shareware - correct?

Dave

9. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    dont know for sure waht are the latest developments ,
    used it quite a while ago ,
    it never gave any message regarding its need to be purchased for full support.

edit: ya , just checked it is a shareware however for personal use a lite version is available and it works well without any
    torturing time limitation and barrage of messages.

10. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Aida is - or was - freeware. There are several versions that I am aware of, but I haven't looked for a newer version in almost three years now.

11. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Thanks for the comments guys. It does seem as though Aida32 is freeware, and from what I could see about System Sandra it is shareware - its good to know about the lite version.

Dave

12. m4yh3m

Apr 28, 2004
    http://www.nonags.com

has a plethora of free stuff as well. I'd say that if and when I need to find software, a 50/50 search is done on sourceforge and nonags. One or the other will usually give me what I'm looking for.