amateur radio license?

siddharth mittal

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Hello

i m a Engg. student in India.....i found some people here writing that they have "amateur radio license"....

i don't know abt what "amateur radio license" is? how to get it? what r the benefits to have it?
n at the end can i also get it from some other country n what should i do for it? because i don't think it is present in India

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Radio ammateurs can be found all over the world.
All off europe , america , canada and much more countries.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS where do you reside Hitman.

siddharth mittal

Joined Oct 14, 2008
it is written that once i got a license then i would b able to talk such persons having the license....
so what will b the range? i mean how far would i b able to talk?

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hello

i m a Engg. student in India.....i found some people here writing that they have "amateur radio license"....

i don't know abt what "amateur radio license" is? how to get it? what r the benefits to have it?
n at the end can i also get it from some other country n what should i do for it? because i don't think it is present in India

One of the best amateur radio sites just happens to be in India!

http://www.hamradioindia.org/

Most of what I know, I learned from amateur radio. It lead to a long career in broadcast engineering and plasma physics!

Eric

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Far as I know it is international, covered by a host of treaties. Needless to say, most Communist countries disapproved during the cold war, amature radio is nothing if not for the freedom of information. HAM radio is a nickname, have you googled "amature radio" for your country?

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Far as I know it is international, covered by a host of treaties. Needless to say, most Communist countries disapproved during the cold war, amature radio is nothing if not for the freedom of information. HAM radio is a nickname, have you googled "amature radio" for your country?
Even during the height of the Cold War there were many many ham operators in Russia that would QSL with hams all over the world. Many hams from other communist countries also. Not sure about N. Korea or China but maybe some OM operator here can let us know ;)

But personal computer and the internet has taken a real hit on ham radio and I'm sure it's population of operators is down from it's peak.

WA6TKD

Lefty