am transmitter need help

ducky_bass

Joined Apr 12, 2010
hi, I'm trying to build a am transmitter with a range of no less than 2 km so i can have a local radio station. I'm having trouble finding a good schematic so could somebody please help me? Thanks in advance

ducky_bass

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
AM transmitters have a number of difficulties that are beyond the skills of amateur builders, including the need for very large antennas. I would be amazed if such a thing was legal. Where do you live?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I moved your thread over here where the topic matches better.

I would imagine that Canada, like the US, regulates usage of radio frequencies quite closely. You may need some type of licensing for legal operation, and there will be zillions of frequencies set aside for commercial usage.

You might want to find out what frequency you could possibly use for your application. There may be some available for low power uses.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Haven't you seen the huge antenna used for an AM radio station? It is a few soccer fields long and about as high. Why not make a low power FM transmitter that has an antenna that is only 80cm (31.5") long (like used on cars)?

You'll need a licence for the frequency and a government approved plan of the type of shows or music you use.
You need a transmitter circuit that is certified not to drift its frequency and have very low harmonics that cause interference to other frequencies. If interference is caused to anybody then the government will take away your transmitter and everything connected to it.