Alternative Email Address.

john-campbell

Joined Feb 10, 2009
This is in regard to the user profile. There is only 1 email address allowed. I have 1 work email address and several personal email addresses. If I subscribe to a thread I will only see the reply at a single email address. It would be nice to see replies at work and also at home.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
This is in regard to the user profile. There is only 1 email address allowed. I have 1 work email address and several personal email addresses. If I subscribe to a thread I will only see the reply at a single email address. It would be nice to see replies at work and also at home.
Now I understand. Sadly not, the forum software is coded to only accept one e-mail address in the profile to which the subscriptions are tied. If you want it to have the subscriptions at more than one e-mail you will need to look at a solution on one of your e-mail accounts. Perhaps it is a suggestion for future editions of vBulletin.

Dave

john-campbell

Joined Feb 10, 2009
Thanks for your quick reply. I've never done it before, but I believe I will try setting up a "rules based forwarding" in MS Outlook using the "From" address. This is an interesting website-forum. Thanks, Google!
I really like the various spreadsheets that other members have uploaded. I have, at various times, scanned, OCR'ed and imported miscellaneous Wire Connection lists into Excel. It sometimes makes it easier to trace signals if you can sort and filter them. This is especially true if the Connection List consists of thousands of connections. Juxtaposition sometimes is the key to seeing relationships, and Excel allows you to do that.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks for your quick reply. I've never done it before, but I believe I will try setting up a "rules based forwarding" in MS Outlook using the "From" address.
I have Outlook 2003, but I assume other versions will do it similar, but there are options under Tools > Rules and Alerts - I think it refers to it as forwarding to a mobile device, but you should be able to forward the message to another e-mail address from there. I would be interested in hearing how it goes since no-one that I know of has tried it.

This is an interesting website-forum. Thanks, Google! I really like the various spreadsheets that other members have uploaded. I have, at various times, scanned, OCR'ed and imported miscellaneous Wire Connection lists into Excel. It sometimes makes it easier to trace signals if you can sort and filter them. This is especially true if the Connection List consists of thousands of connections. Juxtaposition sometimes is the key to seeing relationships, and Excel allows you to do that.
We're glad you like you site. If you have anything generic in Excel that you feel is suitable for others and you wish to share, please feel free to do so. You may also be interested in seeing our e-book and other miscellaneous resources (see the links at the top of the page). And of course, welcome!

Dave

john-campbell

Joined Feb 10, 2009
I am using MS Outlook 2003. I have set up a rule for email received from the "All About Circuits Forum" using the Rules Wizard in Outlook. It was actually pretty easy. Just open the email and right click on the "From" Address. This starts the wizard. I have attached a pdf file of screen prints from the process. I'm not sure how hard it is with different Outlook versions or other email programs.

Attachments