Allen Bradley micro 810

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Martyn Carroll, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Martyn Carroll

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Hello everyone, I'm using an Allen Bradley micro 810 to control a university project of mine. The project will have a 24v power supply, 24v Fan, 24v trip amp, Allen Bradley PLC and a vibration sensor. I want the vibration sensor once it has reached a certain tolerance to trip the power to the fan. What would be the best ladder logic diagram to write, or any ideas how to make the project better?

Thanks

Martyn

2nd Year Instrument technician apprentice

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    That is actually a Smart Relay, No?
    I have used a few different makes but not the AB 810.
    Sounds like a simple operation, what is the type of output and specs of the vibration sensor, is it just contact closure output?
    Have you had any experience in programming them at all?
    Max.

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    The way this works is that you show us your best effort at a solution and we help you refine it. Otherwise we deserve part of the credit for doing your project.

4. Martyn Carroll

Feb 1, 2015
    Hello Max, Yes it is a smart relay, however still uses the PLC program for Allen Bradleys. Vibration sensor is a Bentley Nevada probe and proximitor. The probe will be set at a gap voltage of -9v. The tolerance will be set between -8.2 volts and -10v. Once it goes out this tolerance (which I will make happen) I want the system to trip. Ive had experience using function however never ladder logic.

5. Martyn Carroll

Feb 1, 2015
    I have already designed the project, I was just wondering if there was a simpler yet more effective way of doing it with the idea I have.

6. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I assume you mean doing it without the smart relay?
    There is not much in the way of detail of what you have done already in order to judge it.
    Max.