allan

Unregistered

Joined Dec 31, 1969
In many of the chapters sentences start with the form 'Though,'. This would be better replaced with 'However,'.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Its not something I've ever really noticed, but a quick browse through some of the e-book sections suggests that you are right. Perhaps as part of the proofreading of sections this observation can be taken into mind and corrections suggested as appropriate. I fully agree that in certain circumstances the suggested correct would be more appropriate use of English.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
It would help to know which volumes/chapters. That way I would know if I have made that error in writing chapters or in completing chapters. It is certainly something I can look out for that in completing chapters in volume 3. Ch2 Theory, Ch3 Diodes in volume 3 are chapters that I have worked on recently. And, Ch4 BJTs is in process. As I am working on Volume 3 offline, I can fix that volume if that is where the problem is.

If this is a problem across all volumes then, we need to know how extensive it is. If volumes other than Volume 3 are involved, I may need some help.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
If this is a problem across all volumes then, we need to know how extensive it is. If volumes other than Volume 3 are involved, I may need some help.
I don't think the problem is a major one. Although it might be grammatically more accurate to use "however" in certain instances, the word "though" is not incorrect.

If you would like, I can work through one of the Volumes for this issue and post back. Let me know if you would like me to work through a particular Volume/Chapter and I can post back with some corrections (should any be needed).

Dave

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Dave:

Yes, you might take a look at one of the Volumes. Then decide, if in your opinion, we want to make changes.

It might be usefull to have more opinions on this as I am not a grammar expert.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Dave:

Yes, you might take a look at one of the Volumes. Then decide, if in your opinion, we want to make changes.

It might be usefull to have more opinions on this as I am not a grammar expert.
Ok, for simplicity I start out on Volume I. I'll post some feedback when I have it. I'm pretty useful on grammar (no expert by any stretch) so let me know if you want to run something you are doing by me.

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Homework Help 1