All of the electromagnetic power around us and how to harvest it?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There is a conspiracy theory about Tesla's demise.

He was working on transmitting electricity without cables - its suspected the "money men" bumped him off because success would have left them no way of billing anyone using it.
There are conspiracy theories about just about everything. They are a dime a thousand (and are overpriced at that!) and perhaps one in ten thousand have some shred of merit.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009

He was working on transmitting electricity without cables - its suspected the "money men" bumped him off because success would have left them no way of billing anyone using it.
You sure about that? I heard from a reliable source it was the wire manufacturers.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So, could you provide a list of all of these scientific inventors that have been found killed or disappear because of their inventions to get rid of fossil fuels -- and show that the rate at which the get killed or disappear is statistically greater than scientific inventors that did not invent things to get rid of fossil fuels?
Eugene Mallove
Stanley Meyer

Why would I want to provide statistics. With those, I would have to call it conspiracy fact - and that is not nearly as interesting to discuss as theories.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Eugene Mallove
Stanley Meyer

Why would I want to provide statistics. With those, I would have to call it conspiracy fact - and that is not nearly as interesting to discuss as theories.
Two? I'm guessing that the number of people that have been killed or have disappeared that did not invent things to get rid of fossil fuels is considerably larger, even proportionately, than that.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Two? I'm guessing that the number of people that have been killed or have disappeared that did not invent things to get rid of fossil fuels is considerably larger, even proportionately, than that.
That sounds more like a hypothesis than a theory.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My grandmother used to tell me that the pickle crop in 1892 - the year she was born - was poisonous. I guess she was right. Everyone that ate it has died.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
...and now, a more complete list. Quite entertaining!

http://www.rense.com/general72/oinvent.htm
Notice that this list claims that, over a period of decades, 53 "energy inventors" have died, gone missing, or been injured. If you randomly pick a group of people the same size and general breakdown (age, race, health, etc) you would almost certainly find comparable numbers.

If you look at the very last of the document they try to pretend that the U.S. Code is used to classify energy patents and that there is a 20 year prison sentence for violating it. That's almost pure bunk. Yes, a patent can be classified but only after a lengthy process (when the government is not an owner). If it is classified: it is only for one year and must go through the process annually to remain classified; the classification ruling can be appealed by the applicant; the applicant has the right to compensation from the government agency (of which there are only a few) that requested that it be classified during the time that the applicant is unable to exploit their patent as a result of the classification; the maximum penalty for violation is $10,000 and/or two years in prison.

Skimming through the document, it is almost entirely about people claiming to have done things like invent an engine that runs on magnetized water or some such nonsense and having their invention suppressed.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Notice that this list claims that, over a period of decades, 53 "energy inventors" have died, gone missing, or been injured.

Blah, blah, blah

Skimming through the document, it is almost entirely about people claiming to have done things like invent an engine that runs on magnetized water or some such nonsense and having their invention suppressed.
I know, it is so interesting!

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015

Sadly, even if we were on the verge of this, some a$$ came up with the idea of a carbon tax in order to continue to profit no matter what. Nowadays the minute you are born you owe some a$$ or another something it seems. It's important to keep experimenting even if nothing comes out of the ideas. In fact, most of the greatest discoveries came about by accident. Therefore, I keep hoping I have an accident someday and screw up my original plan! ;)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
How is a parade of ignorance and/or mental illness, in this context, remotely interesting? It's not like these people are rare. As they say, there's a sucker born every minute.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Nowadays the minute you are born you owe some a$$ or another something it seems.
If you're born in the U.S., you're $57K in the hole at the moment of your birth. Unless things change, it'll be ~4X that by the time you're old enough to work at your first minimum wage job.

Last edited:

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
Notice that this list claims that, over a period of decades, 53 "energy inventors" have died, gone missing, or been injured. If you randomly pick a group of people the same size and general breakdown (age, race, health, etc) you would almost certainly find comparable numbers.

If you look at the very last of the document they try to pretend that the U.S. Code is used to classify energy patents and that there is a 20 year prison sentence for violating it. That's almost pure bunk. Yes, a patent can be classified but only after a lengthy process (when the government is not an owner). If it is classified: it is only for one year and must go through the process annually to remain classified; the classification ruling can be appealed by the applicant; the applicant has the right to compensation from the government agency (of which there are only a few) that requested that it be classified during the time that the applicant is unable to exploit their patent as a result of the classification; the maximum penalty for violation is $10,000 and/or two years in prison.

All of that aside, let me ask you a question. How is it that I can get a whole catalog of songs copyrighted for (pardon my pun) a song... less than 20 dollars... but hmmm... how much does a patent cost these days? Even if you do patent any idea, valid or not, all some jerkoff has to do is modify it slightly and your patent means next to nothing! Look what Edison did in relation to certain Tesla patents for example back then. Or consider the kid who invented the microwave bacon cooker. Some a$$ without morals or decency modified it slightly and called it his. The kid got screwed and the a$$ went on to make $$$ from the idea of the kid. If what we call true and hold as axioms now are all that exists with no possibility that something else is possible we all might just as well throw all of our parts and schematics away and find some other hobby because, apart from making something ourselves there is apparently nothing left to discover. But if there is and we manage it and manage the patent money, well... some a$$ will just come along and steal it anyway and the law allows that. The law is an a$$ when it upholds this sort of thing!

So, let us analyze this anyway just to perhaps discover something new. If the kid with the new idea for example who got screwed were an electron what kind of electron would he be? Then, after thinking about that... well, what sort of thing is the a$$ who stole from the kid? Then let us look at the corrupt system that allowed it all in the first place. What sort of electron or component or some such thing would they be likened to? Now if one could replicate all of this chemically or on a circuit board with components representing all of the players I guarantee it would change the world either chemically or electrically up to a point. But then again, the chemical reaction or the circuit we created would be all too familiar and perhaps at that point we'd throw our hand up in the air and declare once and for all that there is indeed nothing new under the sun and put a sign on planet earth which reads... "Abandon hope, all ye who enter".

Stray thoughts 03/02/2015

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It's true nobody ever got rich off of a single idea. I have two patents and neither one is worth so much as a brass farthing. The trouble with most inventors is that they put on their inventor hat with the subtitle "take advantage of me". If they thought like businessmen it would be a whole different story. It is not the current idea that is valuable, but one of the next ten ideas. There are three laws of business thermodynamics:
  1. You can't win.
  2. You can't even break even.
  3. You can't get out of the game.
You can retire with sufficient planning and time horizon.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
All of that aside, let me ask you a question. How is it that I can get a whole catalog of songs copyrighted for (pardon my pun) a song... less than 20 dollars... but hmmm... how much does a patent cost these days? Even if you do patent any idea, valid or not, all some jerkoff has to do is modify it slightly and your patent means next to nothing! Look what Edison did in relation to certain Tesla patents for example back then. Or consider the kid who invented the microwave bacon cooker. Some a$$ without morals or decency modified it slightly and called it his. The kid got screwed and the a$$ went on to make $$$ from the idea of the kid. If what we call true and hold as axioms now are all that exists with no possibility that something else is possible we all might just as well throw all of our parts and schematics away and find some other hobby because, apart from making something ourselves there is apparently nothing left to discover. But if there is and we manage it and manage the patent money, well... some a$$ will just come along and steal it anyway and the law allows that. The law is an a$$ when it upholds this sort of thing!

So, let us analyze this anyway just to perhaps discover something new. If the kid with the new idea for example who got screwed were an electron what kind of electron would he be? Then, after thinking about that... well, what sort of thing is the a$$ who stole from the kid? Then let us look at the corrupt system that allowed it all in the first place. What sort of electron or component or some such thing would they be likened to? Now if one could replicate all of this chemically or on a circuit board with components representing all of the players I guarantee it would change the world either chemically or electrically up to a point. But then again, the chemical reaction or the circuit we created would be all too familiar and perhaps at that point we'd throw our hand up in the air and declare once and for all that there is indeed nothing new under the sun and put a sign on planet earth which reads... "Abandon hope, all ye who enter".

Stray thoughts 03/02/2015
Patents are expensive because the patent office has to make sure ;as best they can) that you are not duplicating anyone else's patent. Since everyone describes their ideas differently, duplicate patents are not so easy to find. It is a lot of work.

Songs, on the other hand, can be copyrighted but that is kind of a rubber stamp because it is assume an original work of art is original - until someone claims it is not. Then you, as the copyright owner, have the obligation to prove your work is original and different than the person who can prove their copyrighted work was written/performed first and it is substantially the same.

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
bore hole into earth, all the energy you'll ever need until the sun grows and kills all of mankind on Earth. nobody is drilling, why? over past ~50yrs you know how deep we could be? @ just 4ft/day (an avg accounting for development of drilling technology and it gets harder to get deeper the deeper you go, etc), we would be at 73,000ft today