'All engineers are heavy gamers!'

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Bertus -- some would say that Linux is strange enough! ;D

There are some people here at work that are into OLG, but I get enough of a charge out of various Solitaire games. I visit about half a dozen electronics & micro sites when things get boring. There's nothing quite like a ChipA vs. ChipB battle, or a Language war.

--Rich

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Of the eight engineers I have observed in this regard, only one does any online gaming. 3 of them like table games, 4 enjoy video games, and 4 seek entertainment elsewhere.

Obviously, my sample is not statistically valid...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
From the number of computers I have had to resystem that had been on game sites, I would have to be very sure there was nothing significant to lose on the computer in question. Maybe my very old Gateway E-3110 with W98.

But then I'm not an engineer.

Last edited:

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
:) I like racing and war games... but only on my home PC! I am also a sucker for strategic games like Age of Empires. See ya

Shahvir

engigamer

Joined Feb 13, 2009
I like racing too but still more into the quest type games. I love playstation too and there is this new game killzone 2 that I definetly will buy. Anybody experience with that game?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have played tetris some time, also the 3D version blockout.
I like puzzels more than action games.

Greetings,
Bertus

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is the 3D Preview of Ultiboard the same?

I was doing fine with my old system, until I was given Call of Duty 4 for Christmas a year ago. Ended up dumping about a grand in for a quad core, dual video, memory, motherboard, and power supply for all of it.

I lost about 2 months playing that game. Then CoD WaW came out.. I've stayed out of multiplayer, so I haven't missed much time.

There's no such thing as "Just for a little bit". i can either not play, or plan on a 8+ hour marathon (feels like 2 hrs tho).

Never been a "Heavy Gamer" though. :p

I [would] like to play racing and "war" games, as well as simple [AoE I...] strategy games, any kind of multiplayer connection would be good, but I don't have:

1.) Enough bandwidth allowance.
2.) "Cool" and "new" games [yes, the old, simple stuff is nice too, but not DOS games].
3.) A computer that is actually mine and not to be shared.
4.) Anyone to play against that I know in person, or well online, and isn't ULTRA inferior or Mega superior in terms of skill level.

I like "precision" and the "maths" of games, which applies to the above. Anyone else feel that way?