ALKALINE BATTERY CHARGER

lildiesel6075

Joined Mar 7, 2006
Originally posted by pebe@Mar 25 2006, 12:09 PM
Hey lildiesel. We don't get much foul language on this site so I looked up your Member's Profile to see who was the author of this bile. It confirmed what I had thought - that you are a 13year old child.

I thought I'd visit your website to find out more. I ran the video there 'I want your money'.

Is that obnoxious little brat at the counter really you?
[post=15427]Quoted post[/post]​
yes i am 13, but im a genious like jimmie neutron, trust me you can ask anybody, that i have countered with

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Lildiesel,

I doubt your a genius of the Jimmy Neutron class. Then again, you might be, since Jimmy Neutron is a fictional character and by default, a fictional genius.

How's your battery construction going on? Have you gotten the chemicals you wish to use? Do you have the MSDS documentation on all your components to be aware of the hazzards you will be approaching?

Clean up your language. You'll find people to be a little more cooperative when your not as combative. Of course you might have already burned those bridges.

Mazaag

Joined Oct 23, 2004
Originally posted by JoeJester@Mar 25 2006, 11:51 PM
Lildiesel,

I doubt your a genius of the Jimmy Neutron class. Then again, you might be, since Jimmy Neutron is a fictional character and by default, a fictional genius.

[post=15455]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL...Love it...

lildiesel6075

Joined Mar 7, 2006
Originally posted by JoeJester@Mar 25 2006, 11:51 PM
Lildiesel,

How's your battery construction going on? Have you gotten the chemicals you wish to use? Do you have the MSDS documentation on all your components to be aware of the hazzards you will be approaching?

Clean up your language. You'll find people to be a little more cooperative when your not as combative. Of course you might have already burned those bridges.
[post=15455]Quoted post[/post]​
srry about the language, i just get tick when people dont belive i can do what i say i can do.

But any ways, i did go to that website, and I got the MSDS for the that chemical, but i just gave up of that battery thing, i wanted to do something fun =, but ill just use my alkaline batteries, and charge them when the current runs low.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hello everybody involve,

:eek: oh my what a lively discussion, or should i call it "show me what you got and i'll show you that am better"

i believe nobody is saying that the circuit does not work, such a simple circuit will work, but the big question is how long can you keep on recharging until such time that the batt will stop recharging. as i have said before, is it comparable to a rechargeable batt? i believe it's not ;)

i guess i can also claim that i also designed a circuit just like that way back in 1982 if my memory serves me right but, abandoned it due to technical and chemical reasons. by the way, when was this circuit published in the net?

moz

lildiesel6075

Joined Mar 7, 2006
Originally posted by mozikluv@Mar 29 2006, 04:25 AM
hello everybody involve,

:eek: oh my what a lively discussion, or should i call it "show me what you got and i'll show you that am better"

i believe nobody is saying that the circuit does not work, such a simple circuit will work, but the big question is how long can you keep on recharging until such time that the batt will stop recharging. as i have said before, is it comparable to a rechargeable batt? i believe it's not ;)

i guess i can also claim that i also designed a circuit just like that way back in 1982 if my memory serves me right but, abandoned it due to technical and chemical reasons. by the way, when was this circuit published in the net?

moz
[post=15566]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually afroman invented it around 2004, and the charger will charge a alkaline battery about 25 times, and then the battery just goes bad, from my experience, after about 25 times, the battery wont charge up anymore. 25 is alot though

:)

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Originally posted by lildiesel6075@Mar 31 2006, 06:19 PM
from my experience, after about 25 times, the battery wont charge up anymore.
[post=15671]Quoted post[/post]​
You first used the thing on March 11 (per your own comment on the other forum) and have now recharged the same battery 25 times since then? You have indeed been a busy fellow!

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by lildiesel6075@Apr 1 2006, 01:19 AM
Actually afroman invented it around 2004.......
[post=15671]Quoted post[/post]​
It's nothing new. Most members of this forum were using that simple constant current circuit when afroman was still a twinkle in his father's eye!

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by pebe@Apr 1 2006, 02:12 PM
It's nothing new. Most members of this forum were using that simple constant current circuit when afroman was still a twinkle in his father's eye!
[post=15700]Quoted post[/post]​
hi,

ouch! am i that old already? :rolleyes: :D :p :eek:

moz

horsebox

Joined Jun 9, 2007
A double A alkaline battery just popped on me 10 minutes ago. I had a small wire circuit flowing without any resistors lowering the current and the battery popped. It spewed out a fair bit of electrolyte and made that sizzling sound like you said.

I poured some vinegar on it to neutralize it then cleaned it up with a sponge. I always heard people talking about how dangerous broken batteries are. Whats the worst that can happen you get a little chemical burn? Maybe if your real unlucky the stuff will get in your eye but they dont actually explode they just pop and leak some electrolye.

What are the dangers of the chemicals inside an alkaline battery? I never got into the details of them. For example what harm could come from spilling a nickel cadmium battery?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
This might answer some questions about the chemicals in batteries - http://www.p2pays.org/ref/07/06033.htm.

Alkaline batteries have a small amount of mercury in them as well. If they pop when hot, it doesn't take much mercury vapor to cause irreversable brain damage. Corneal scarring isn't much fun to contemplate, either.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
All batteries can be teorically reverse biased, or recharged. However, in practice, some will explode, especially the non-rechargeable ones. But using teories taken from pure chemistry, all batteries can be reversed.
You have to take the apropriate recharge procedures for each type of battery.
All that afroman did was limiting current.

horsebox

Joined Jun 9, 2007
Thats not good. I had no idea there was mercury inside regular alkaline batteries. The electrolyte leaked onto my battery holder and burned it a bit. Should I dump the battery holder since theres probably still mercury embedded in it?