Aliens at last?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Nsaspook,

Dr Tyson is one of my favorite three scientists on the History Channel. I agree with his prospective on Aliens. If you ever been to Greenwich Village in NYC duing the 1970s, you would have thought aliens have arrived. Then again, who would know if they weren't here. Look closely at the next Trekkie Convention.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
I've experienced an UFO flying over my head so since that event occurred I believe that "aliens" exist since there is no way such technology could have been made by our civilization.

It happened back in 2000 when I was walking home with my sister and one friend,it was between 23h-1h o'clock,sky was clear no clouds and stars could be seen. Object was flying at alt of 500ft and doing around 10 mph from direction of east towards west.It' perfectly silent and has no visible means of propulsion. It's shaped like a triangle and has beveled corners and lights at each corner,aprox. size was around 150x150ft.
Object was black and has some sort of smoke pattern like camouflage. As any pilot knows object of such scale wouldn't be able to fly moving at 10 mph since there would be no enough lift under the wings,I doubt it was filled with helium and that we could produce silent propulsion system.

So since that day I believe that more advanced civilizations exist but I doubt we are ever going to receive a radio signal from "aliens" and I doubt they would use the same radio technology as us.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
It happened back in 2000 when I was walking home with my sister and one friend,it was between 23h-1h o'clock,sky was clear no clouds and stars could be seen. Object was flying at alt of 500ft and doing around 10 mph from direction of east towards west.It' perfectly silent and has no visible means of propulsion. It's shaped like a triangle and has beveled corners and lights at each corner,aprox. size was around 150x150ft.
Was it Dorito-shaped? At night the craft was most likely much higher than 500ft. It's very common that when untrained observers witness something very unusual their sense of size and distance tends to be compromised. At night with a backdrop of stars with little to reference distance and size even trained observers have problems.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Was it Dorito-shaped? At night the craft was most likely much higher than 500ft. It's very common that when untrained observers witness something very unusual their sense of size and distance tends to be compromised. At night with a backdrop of stars with little to reference distance and size even trained observers have problems.
Yup shaped like Dorito,it could been a bit higher but it must been between 500-1000ft.When it flew over me it covered the whole street which is 50 feet wide between houses on opposite sides of street.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
My favorite movie on the subject of advanced civilizations not making it is Forbidden Planet.
One of the best SciFi movies ever made. I still get shivers when I think of the scene of the impenetrable Krell metal door glowing and about to be breached.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Aliens have visited and found no signs of intelligent life on Earth.
Further to Dr Neal Degrasse Tyson video, he proposed an interesting concept, it has been shown scientifically that in DNA test comparisons between us and our nearest ape relatives, there is less than 5% DNA difference.
Just for that 5% we appear to be so much advanced in creation of art and technology, So his suggestion is that if there is only 5% difference between us and apes, what if the alien species were just 5% above us in ability and knowledge!;)
Max.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
It would depend on where that 5% variance was primarily focused at. Compared to chimpanzees that 5% we have over them does not give us a huge intellectual advantage in how to learn and operate tools. It just gave us the advantage of a better communication system and inventiveness being that most chimps that are raised in environments with humans have little difficulty learning how to operate our tools of life themselves.

Sure they may not be able to understand the concepts and complexities of a microchip and how its made or works but that does not prevent them from being able to learn how to use computers and complex machinery and in many ways with better proficiency than us humans can. Just look at our space programs as a prime example of that.

Given that I believe that their is a significant proportion of us humans that could very well function in a culture and society that is far more advanced than what we consider to be the standard of today.

Of all of the advancements we humans have over every other species is our general ability to make things easier to work with rather than harder. With that I would suspect that a species of even more advanced development than us likely has done the same and most humans if raised in such an environment would likely be able to grasp the concepts as well.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Aliens would make war on humans for the same reasons that humans make war on each other. Only if there is a common enemy will humans unite.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
If we assume the 5% variance happens in the same time scale as ape/human (I know we are not on the same track ) variance that's millions of years but I think we will and most advanced alien life have modified the DNA or the alien equivalent to direct changes in intellect. This combined with computer AI type implants will greatly increase the possible intellectual advantage to the point where humans would be much less than ape equivalent. This could mean in a 1000 years humans will be come aliens to todays humans.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
What could super-advanced aliens want to do with us, in the first place?

• My first guess would be to simply study us and learn (most likely how not to do things). Or they might take DNA samples from earth organisms and add them to their library.
  • My second choice would be the exploitation of our natural resources. But I find that extremely unlikely, since water (for instance) could be more easily extracted from comets, and minerals from asteroids. Instead of having to haul them out from earth's gravity in the first place.
  • My third, and probably most scary theory, is that they might want to impose on us some intergalactic religion, political system, or existentialist rule, so that every single civilization that they touch ends up believing in the same thing, acting the same way and obeying the same laws... or else. It is this desire for a brutal uniformity (be it religious, ideological or political) that has driven most of humanity's bloodiest historical events, and I see no reason why another intelligent species wouldn't act the same way.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
  • My third, and probably most scary theory, is that they might want to impose on us some intergalactic religion, political system, or existentialist rule, so that every single civilization that they touch ends up believing in the same thing, acting the same way and obeying the same laws... or else. It is this desire for a brutal uniformity (be it religious, ideological or political) that has driven most of humanity's bloodiest historical events, and I see no reason why another intelligent species wouldn't act the same way.
If you want to reverse or change the apparent tribalism that appears to be part of our DNA or a requirement of our evolution, it may be the only answer for it.
Scientist seem to agree that Humans as a species are incapable of living alone, at least in order to survive, (I am not talking about the hermit in the woods!).
Some kind of uniformity may be necessary.
The alternative is to carry on as we have, and repeat history, as demonstrated in the short period of the 100yrs of the 20th century where an estimated 100 - 200 million people died at the hands of other humans in the name of tribalism.
That is not the highest number in history, BTW, relative to population.
The 21st century is shaping up no better!:(
Max.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Maybe they want us for the same reason we want Angus cattle, or parrots, or horses, or mink, or rhesus macaques, or game roosters, or earthworms, or barn cats, or watchdogs.