Albums Question

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Wendy, May 24, 2008.

1. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    OK, I've finally come across something I'm not sure how to handle yet in the new albums area. I want to update a picture, basically upload over it, so the links will stay unbroken and the image in the forums will change. I can do this in photobucket, and it is probably possible in the albums.

Is there a way?

Another thing I just noticed. I deleted a picture, but the forum entry using the link still worked. Not a bad thing, but odd.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    OK, I've also notice there is a max number of pictures (makes sense). My current limit is 89 left. Is this under moderator control? The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of the cookbook.

3. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Let me have a play around with it, I can't comment at this stage.

Don't worry about this, this is an admin controlled variable and we can tweak it as we need to for the cookbook idea. In theory we could set the limit to any number we want.

Dave

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Ok, my initial idea for this won't work (mod options on the IMG tag). My suspicion is that this won't work as we expect because this usage of the Albums is not as the feature was designed - the Albums are meant to be a static collection of pictures. I hope I'm wrong and there is an easy solution.

Let me have a look over at vbulletin.com and see if this has been asked before, I will also have a look at vbulletin.org to see if there is a work-around (hack) to allow images to be updated. I suspect a hack won't be available just yet because of the immaturity of vB v.3.7.0.

Dave

5. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    It's been a while, and we have had several revisions of VBulliten. Has this been input as a suggestion to those folks? It would be mondo handy for this site, schematics are one of those items that need tweaked often, and it would be nice to keep the links intact.

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Newer revisions of vBulletin have not AFAIK changed this behaviour. There may be hack that can get the behaviour we want although I am not aware of it. I agree with your sentiments. I'll see if Rob knows any more.

Dave