Alarm System Help Required

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by parry hotter, Aug 20, 2013.

1. parry hotter

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Hello to everybody, my name is Steve and I live in the West Midlands. I am hoping that one of you fine members may be able to help me, just hope I'm in the right forum section, if not I'm sorry ;)
    I have two alarm systems in my small business premises, a wired system with an auto dialer connected to my phone line, the auto dialer is triggered by a negative input from one of the sirens when the alarm goes off.
    Upstairs I have a newer separate wireless system with a GSM auto dialer and pay as you go SIM card built in to the control panel.
    My problem is that the auto dialer on the wired system has given up the ghost so I thought I would just put the negative input in to my wireless control panel and save myself a couple of hundred quid
    Alas, the control panel on the newer wireless system will not take a wired input trigger :confused:
    My question is, can I trigger one of my wireless PIR's or wireless Door/Window contacts with a wired negative input?
    It seems a shame that the wireless system has a perfectly good auto dialer that could accommodate both systems if only I could trigger it from the wired system.
    If any of you knowledgeable experts have any suggestions I have my soldering iron in hand, ready to rock and roll :D
    I would be most grateful for any help.
    Cheers
    Steve

2. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Will need much more specific information. Make/Model #s, etc. if you could provide links to the users manuals from your two systems, that would help a lot.

3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    and define "negative input" more clearly..
    Just pulled to ground?

4. parry hotter

Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks guys, will post more info tomorrow ...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  5. parry hotter

Aug 20, 2013
    Hi again guys, sorry about the delay getting back to you but I've now got some info.
    The files "Alarm Wireless Spec.jpg1 & 2" shows the spec and connectors on the wireless panel.
    Number 1 wasn't very clear so I've re set it, the question is, can you guys see a connection for a wired trigger?
    There is a faint image of a PIR on the diagram and I'm not sure if it was just bad print quality or what??
    The file "Wireless Door Contact.jpg" is one of a few of these I have that work with the wireless system.
    If the wireless panel can't take a wired trigger can I somehow hook up a wired trigger to this door contact from my wired system downstairs, I have pointed out what I think may do the job but I don't know how.
    The file "9500 Panel Pic.jpg" shows the PCB inside the wired control panel, the yellow wire triggered the broken land line SD1+ speech dialer. This yellow wire has been described as a "negative input", can you guys figure out what goes through this yellow wire?
    The spec for the wired control panel is here: http://www.innovatealarms.co.uk/pdfs/9500USER.PDF
    Hope this makes some sense to you guys, its turning into as much of a quest as a money saving exercise for me.
    Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Steve

6. parry hotter

Aug 20, 2013
    This is the file "Wireless Door Contact.jpg"
    Cheers
    Steve