Ajax M-5-184T

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Texandiablo, May 12, 2009.

1. Texandiablo

Thread Starter New Member

May 12, 2009
    Hi all, my first time here.

I have this old AJAX 5 HP Single Phase with an issue. I bought new 2 run and 2 start compacitors for it, but I do not think it is wired right.

I can not find a wiring diagram for it. There is 4 wires coming out of the motor and I need to know how I am supposed to hook up this 220 volt motor.

The closest service place to me is over 90 minute drive. It was running my 24 inch diamond saw and just over night it wouldnt start, so I got new compacitors, but it still wont go, I am thinking I hooked them up wrong.

If this is not the case, then I think I will need to crack open the motor to check for internal bad wires. It went from cutting like a champ one day and 10 hours later not starting, so I doubt its anything major.

Thanks

2. Texandiablo

May 12, 2009
    This many people here talking about all kinds of off the wall stuff and no one can help me on something this simple ?

3. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Are you sure you replaced the old capacitors with new ones of the same value?

Have you checked for any blown fuses?

How about the circuit breaker in the distribution panel?

4. Texandiablo

May 12, 2009
    same 4 capc, with 4 new ones, just the wirings were all unpluged by my kid trying to help and now I have no clue where to order them

motor is hard wired to a breaker, 50 amp, no possible for fuse issues.

5. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    How many wires are available?

6. Texandiablo

May 12, 2009
    5 wires

to my knowledge, 2 are tied together to goto 1 hot leg of the 220, a 3rd is the other leg with a wire to an unknow capc.

the other 2 goto the capc only.

7. Texandiablo

May 12, 2009
    bump bump bump