aircraft without human

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by ramses, Nov 7, 2013.

1. ramses

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    i am interested in unmanned aerial vehicle and I want to realize a project about this topic. For this reason, does anyone can suggest me comprehensive source to follow development on this topic?

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    See your local remote control club!!
    Or is this a dirigible, Ala count Zeppelin?
    Max.

3. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    If only there was some way of searching the World Wide Web for such information...

Try http://diydrones.com

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
  5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
  6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    There were always leaks in the aviation press. Some of them were intentional to confuse the Soviets. The time schedule for the development of the SR-72 makes keeping secrets increasingly difficult. To test a Mach 6 aircraft will require more than a few area 51's

7. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Sure. The very name F-117 was a double misdirection. It should properly have been called an 'A' since it is an attack aircraft and the '117' made it appear to be an old project affiliated with the 'century series' fighters.

Oh, I don't know. There's LOTS of empty ocean space around. And Boeing has test flown Mach 5+ aircraft without a lot of fanfare (though not without a lot of secrecy, either, but I suspect they could have easily done it under the sheets if they had been so inclined).

Arguably the political climate today is so different than the Cold War era that the peceived need for secret capabilities isn't nearly as high as it was then. Thus, the political payoff for announcing these kinds of things win out. Note that I'm not necessarily objecting -- I like knowing about this stuff just as much as the next nerd -- just that it's an interesting observation point.

8. RichardO

May 4, 2013
    Not really planned, but the SR of the SR-71 was originally RS for Reconnaissance/Surveillance. Lyndon Johnson got it backwards in a speech and the name was changed to match his mistake.

9. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I've heard it claimed that the name was actually changed by LeMay prior to Johnson's speech and that the speech, as written, actually reflected LeMay's change. I don't know what the actual story is.