Air port security - "stripping" and removing valuables (Jewelry/watches/etc) - do things disappear?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
If you claim that those features are important to you, I may have to re-think some of the stereotypes that my dad taught me!:D
Well excuuuuuuuusssse me... but I really do use those two features intensely.

I wake up every morning due to my watch's alarm, and I need the chronometer to measure the performance of processes and machines at work.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I wake up every morning due to my watch's alarm, and I need the chronometer to measure the performance of processes and machines at work.
What is this "work" thing of which you speak? I'm retired.

And I don't even own a watch. The only times that I need to be somewhere at a particular time is when one of my ladies wants to take me out to dinner.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I have a simple solution:
  1. Don't fly
  2. If you must fly, don't carry anything valuable
I usually put the valuables in my checked and personally locked gun case. Yes, anything can be stolen but generally a lost checked gun is on a very high priority list to be located and the law is only I (in a non-emergency) can open the gun case for TSA inspection.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Now that you told them, they will "upgrade" their systems to detect it. I'm sure some corporation is thanking you at this moment.