After generating Electricity what we get ??????

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by mkbutan, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mkbutan

Thread Starter Senior Member

Sep 30, 2008
    hi
    when the electricity is generated from the dinemo how many factorial output we get in form of e.g.:- Current ; Voltage ; Watts ; cosθ ; etc...

2. russ_hensel

Jan 11, 2009
    Could you refine your question. Do you want to know what parameters are necessary to specify what is generated? Even the term generate electricity is not very well defined.

3. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    A dynamo generates a DC voltage of varying voltage and current. The size and speed and even manufacturer will change these values.

I am rather confused by the question, Are you asking what can possibly be measured from a dynamo?

4. mkbutan

Sep 30, 2008
    no I mean to ask that when electrIcty Is generated on the dames vIa turbInes

5. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Current and Voltage are generated.

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It depends entirely on the design of dynamo or generator, and the source of power driving them. If the source is weak then the electricity won't be very stable.

As you may have noticed, there are a lot of designs out there.

7. mkbutan

Sep 30, 2008
    or should i ask what is the relation between voltage ; current ; watt's and cosθ

8. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Thats a hole different can of worms.

You would still need to know RPM and stator excitement level to get a direct relation.

The number of windings and the number of turns in each winding relate to the voltage created, and the current is related to the number of times the magnet is passed by the coil, and if its not a permanent magnet motor, it will also depend on the voltage and current in the stator.

9. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    Faraday's law maybe.