AECOM's company culture

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Thanks all for advising me on my other post about part time job for engineering student here

Now I am short listed for a CAD trainee part time job for AECOM, and I would like to know about this company more and get ready for it.

Anyone knows about this company? any information will be appreciated, thanks guys:)

Wu

P-MONKE

Joined Mar 14, 2012
I expect that they're like most big companies and wouldn't like any employee, past or present, to be saying anything other than the corporate line in public. Like here for instance ;)

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Is there other way I can find out some information about this company that have a positive impact for my interview? (except their website)

Or maybe some private emails/messages conversation?

P-MONKE

Joined Mar 14, 2012
They won't expect you to know more about the company than what you could glean from their website and and recent media exposure that they might've had. Bear in mind though, that if that exposure has been negative, do not discuss it at your interview!

The questions that you are asking here are the kind that you need to be asking them when the time comes and you get the inevitable "And do you have any questions for us, bug13?".

On top of that, what do you know about CAD? Do you have any previous experience? Do you know what what system you will be getting training for? If yes, do some reading about that, or even better, get an evaluation/student version to play around with. Be aware that "CAD" is a very broad term - it encompasses stand-alone packages (Autodesk, Rhino, FEMAP etc) used by individuals all the way up to something like CATIA which hold huge databases for ship and aircraft design.

Above all, be honest - if you don't know something, don't try to bluff it - any interviewer worth their salt will see through that kind of thing in a jiffy!

Also, don't worry if your feeling nervous - it's normal and the interviewers know this too :)

Good luck!

Last edited:

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
I will do the best I can to find out the company, I don't have much experience with CAD except I have played with a student version of Autodesk CAD suit, and Google Sketchup.

And thanks for reminding me being honest, as I have the experience of on the other side of the table, it's so easy to tell if someone new is being dishonest. And it's so naive.

Thanks, P-MONKE, your advices is very helpful to me, it's appreciated.