advice on robot brain

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by vead, Oct 25, 2013.

1. vead

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I have read article about robot brain on internet but i did not find relevant source how to make. I am interested to do that project. I want to know how to make robot brain I know I need sensor software controller and other
    robot have brain that are composed of electronic component but I want to know which component is used to make robotics brain. I need advice how to find information and where to start please someone help me
  2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Research 'microcontroller'.
  3. MaxHeadRoom

Jul 18, 2013
  4. Papabravo

Feb 24, 2006
    The term 'robot brain' is sufficiently vague as to convey almost no meaning. Can you elaborate on your current understanding of the term?
  5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    The best robot brains hands down are made by US Robotics.

Be advised these brains are not based on electronics, but on the theory of positronics.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. vead

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 24, 2011
    thanks for interest I want to make robots operate according to my voice I want to make brain that get information from environment
    I have done some home work (i need these component )
    Brain - micro controller
    mechanical part - motor piston wheels and other
    sensor -sound sensor, light sensor, touch, motion sensor

I know its very difficult to do but I want to do I tried on google so please give me link , thread where i can read more and suggest me some ideas how I can do that project
  7. JoeFromOzarks

Apr 14, 2010
    Every great robot builder starts with a flowchart and a block diagram. You have a block diagram you can post here, share with the AAC community, correct?

Here is an example of a "robot" block diagram:

The microprocessor/microcontroller world is full of options. Here is one with a mere 35 instructions: PIC12F629. Might take several however.

Of course, such a project cannot begin without a visit to Wikipedia:

No doubt, there are many AAC members who would love to contribute to such an undertaking.

:) joe