Advice need on socket

greenJames

Joined Apr 24, 2013
As the title suggests I'm looking for a socket I think that's what it's called

the Item is this STP16CPS05MTR LED sink Driver I have bought them from RS an they are tiny is there a clip in socket for them that will go through a PCB board

the reason I would like a socket is for two reasons one they are really tiny and two as they are surface mounted plus I can't mount them on a bread board

also would any one be so kind and convert a eagle file to Gerber for me as the Eagle program I'm running keeps on crashing and I'm thinking of going over to DipTrace

the eagle files are located here http://www.hownottoengineer.com/down.html
and it's the blue cube im interested in making I've bought all the components and just now waiting to make the board I would even pay to have someone make the board for me
GreenJames

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
As the title suggests I'm looking for a socket I think that's what it's called

the Item is this STP16CPS05MTR LED sink Driver I have bought them from RS an they are tiny is there a clip in socket for them that will go through a PCB board

the reason I would like a socket is for two reasons one they are really tiny and two as they are surface mounted plus I can't mount them on a bread board

also would any one be so kind and convert a eagle file to Gerber for me as the Eagle program I'm running keeps on crashing and I'm thinking of going over to DipTrace

the eagle files are located here http://www.hownottoengineer.com/down.html
and it's the blue cube im interested in making I've bought all the components and just now waiting to make the board I would even pay to have someone make the board for me
GreenJames
What you want is called a breakout board, but you still have to solder the IC to the board, and then it will plug in. You should look at the datasheet for the IC to determine which package you have. There is a DIP version, which sounds like what you should have gotten.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
There are various type of "breakout boards" or "SMD adaptor boards" on eBay. They are usually on double sided PCB with silk screens. But if you're able to make PCB, you can roll your own on single sided board. Here's an example I made this morning using ISIS program on SO-24 SMD (not completed yet).

Allen

Attachments

kemine

Joined Jun 11, 2013
greenjames pls am new to this forum and i need your assistance in knowing the reverse saturation current of a tip31c transistor