advice about online college courses

pkennedy

Joined Feb 27, 2009
I am currently taking classes at a local college but it want take me as far as I want to go in the electronics field I was wondering about online classes.I have researched it some but I don't know anyone who has taking any classes for an opinion on how good they are or which institutions are better.And I was also thinking that a person might be limited because the lack of instruments they would have at thers home.any advice on the subject would be great I would like to get a electrical engineering degree in the end and would have to travel a good ways from the house to go to a college offering the degree.

pkennedy

Joined Feb 27, 2009
I checked it out but I was looking for something to get credits for a degree it doesn't have to be free.And some of the mit stuff is a little advanced for me right now

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Our own courses on the site check out,check it .Ask for a moderator
to assist you. You have the best electronic minds on this site all
have to is ask for advise,I'm surprised that they have not been all over
your post.They will see your request soon.

Last edited:

pkennedy

Joined Feb 27, 2009
Alright I may ask some of them thanks.and I have already been checking out the videos and books on the sight they are great and have been helping me alot

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I would advise you to first carefully identify what you really want to have. If you want a University Online Degree, make sure that it is completely recognized and accepted throughout the country or even internationally if possible. (FYI) Because I know a friend who was not entitled to become a Chartered Engineer (IET in the UK) and one of the reasons why was that a significant part of his course was covered through audio-visual "remote" facilities (I don't know whether it was live or video - I assume it was video) and it was not classified as University degree style programme to fulfill certain Chartered status eligibility requirements.

Thanks.

Last edited: