Advantech LAB TOOL-48 USB with Win7 64bits

jmarcelopn

Joined Dec 8, 2010
Hello,

I have one universal recorder ADvantech Labtool-48 USB. And I would like to run it in windows 7 64 bits. When I make the download of website http://www.aec.com.tw/LT-48UXP.htm They only release the LabTool-48UXP software for trial version. So my question is Can I use this recorder with a virtual machine using Win XP mode?
I already installed the Microsoft Virtual Machine for windows 7 64 bits and the Win XP mode but i can't sharing the usb driver of recorder for it. So when I connect my recorder It does not is recognized.

So the only way is to buy a license for the new software?

Thanks a lot.

João

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Have you tried installing your original software in Windows 7 using compat mode for Windows XP (Right-click the installer > Properties > Compatibility > Compatibility Mode)?

I would try that before looking at XPMode.

Dave

jmarcelopn

Joined Dec 8, 2010
hello Dave,

I am not in computer right know. I will try this tomorow at morning. But the problem in Windows 7 64 bits is when I try to install the old version of Labtool software the recorder is not recognized via usb. It just recognize when I put the new version of 64 bits. But like i said this version isn´t work because it is a trial version.

Thanks a lot.

jmarcelopn

Joined Dec 8, 2010
Hello,

So like I said before. The recorder is just recognizes when I install the Win 7 Drivers for 64 bits. What I should do now?

I just did some tests with Microsoft Virtual Machine. Do you think I should use another virtual machine like VmWare?
Because this way I can to install the old software LABTOOL for Windows XP. But I don't know how can I sharing the USB device to virtual machine.

Thanks a lot.

jmarcelopn

Joined Dec 8, 2010
Nobody can help me?. I already contacted the AdvanTech, The price for the new program is US$180,00. Maybe I should to install in another computer? Please give me one idea.

Thanks a lot.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
The OP made 4 posts and after that he has never been back here. Do you seriously expect that he will reply to you, three years later?