advantage of von neumann.who know this

longcrystal

Joined Mar 22, 2010
sorry for disturb anyone know about the von neumann of advantage

can i have a 3 advantage of von neumann i hope i can clearly understand it the advantage of von neumann at least three advantage.

thank for everyone read my topic..~~~~grateful

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
sorry for disturb anyone know about the von neumann of advantage

can i have a 3 advantage of von neumann i hope i can clearly understand it the advantage of von neumann at least three advantage.

thank for everyone read my topic..~~~~grateful
This seems like an ideal question to be answered through the use of Google's search engine.

hgmjr

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Perhaps the OP is asking about the advantages of the von Neumann architecture. Further it seems as if he needs three of them.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Assuming papabravo was correct in his interpretation of what you are looking for, I provide the following reply based on the information I obtained using the google search engine.

Von Neumann architecture introduced flexibility to computers. Previous computers had their programming hard wired into the computer. A particular computer could only do one task (at the time, mostly building artillery tables) and had to be physically rewired to do any new task.​

By using numeric codes, von Neumann computers could be reprogrammed for a wide variety of problems, with the decode logic remaining the same.

The quoted text above was extracted from the document at http://www.osdata.com/kind/history.htm . There is more useful information in the article which I will leave for you to uncover.​

hgmjr​

See "The Prisoner's Dilemma" ISBN 9780385415804 and read about Von Neumann and his ideas. Stored programs rather than hard-wired ones, digital rather than analog machines and storing binary rather than decimal digits were among his ideas on how computers should work. The first computers were originally thought to be most useful for modeling weather patterns, but they didn't work very well. Even today's computers have trouble with this task.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations... and I hate limitations.]