AdSense too close to content

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Brad Waite, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Brad Waite

Thread Starter Guest

First of, THANK YOU! This is a great, great resource. I've been wanting to learn electronics basics ever since I was a kid, but couldn't find a straightforward explanation like I've found at All About Circuits. I've tried a couple of times to read the Radio Amateur's Handbook, but could never pore through much after the first chapter.

That being said, the one minor complaint I have is that the Google Ads are about 3 pixels away from the content at the top of the page. I'm all for AdSense and have several sites that generate revenue from AdSense myself, but their placement (or spacing, really) makes it hard to read the top section.

Oh, one other suggestion: have a "Next Page" link at the bottom of the title page of each chapter. It took me a while the first time through to figure out that I needed to use the nav on the left to actually get to the content.

2. jrap

Administrator

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback Brad - I will work on both issues.

3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    I have seen Ad Sense and Google ads on other sites but not here.

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    I wonder if installing Spybot wouldn't block that ad content? I have never seen any advertising pop-ups on this site.

5. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    There is a single Google Advertisement block on the top right on every e-book page. If you aren't viewing them, you must be using some sort of ad-blocking or modified hosts file for our specific ad domain.

Spybot modifies the hosts through the immunisation feature, but does not block Google ads.

Dave

6. jrap

Administrator

Jun 25, 2006
    Just to clarify, the adsense block is not displayed for users who have visited the forum. The script checks to see if the user has a vbulletin cookie on their computer, and if so does not show the advertisement.

7. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Thanks for that Rob, I wasn't aware that is how it works. Can I ask does the Adsense block work for anyone that visits the forums, or just those that sign-up to the forums?

If you let me know, I will amend the FAQ to reflect this. Thanks.

Dave

8. jrap

Administrator

Jun 25, 2006
    Hi Dave,

As it stands, anyone who visits the forums has the adsense block disappear.

Rob

9. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Thanks for the clarification.

Dave