Admin / Mods - please advise best practice.

Dyslexicbloke

Joined Sep 4, 2010
Hi folks,
I have posted a couple of questions on the projects forum but haven't got much of a response, I am a little confused.

I initially omitted a a schematic, which was kindly pointed out, and I added one to both.

I think it is highly unlikely that what I am asking is to complex, there are clearly some very capable people posting on this site, thats why I picked it.

Have I got something wrong?

I will be only too happy to do things differently if you would be kind enough to point out the error of my ways.

Should I / Can I repost in this forum ... would that help?

Great site by the way thanks .... I am learning loads, even without answers.

Thanks in advance ...
Al

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hello Al,
These forums are not interactive, and the people requesting help outnumber those able to provide help by quite a large margin.

Sometimes you get lucky, and receive an answer or help within minutes of your inquiry. Other times, it can take days between replies. If it's been four or five days and you still haven't received a reply, then it is appropriate to "bump" your thread by adding an "Anyone have ideas?" type of reply to the end of it.

Also, here in the USA, we have just had a 3-day holiday called "Labor Day Weekend"; and many of our members travel to visit relatives and whatnot during this time.

Keep in mind that everyone providing help are volunteers; and they all have lives outside of this forum.

Dyslexicbloke

Joined Sep 4, 2010
"Labor Day Weekend" Now that makes sense ....
Sort of makes my post over the weekend whils folk are available strategy a little mute. Ah well.

I am well aware that folk work, give time for free and I definatly dont believe I have any sort of right to 'expect answers'

What I was getting at was weather I had made the questions interesting enough to make them worth answering, sorry if that wasnt clear.

I had wondered about spltting the problem down into spaciffic questions in seperate threads
EG
Low current PSU from huge input voltage range,
Peak voltage detector - DC output,
Average voltage detector - DC outputr,
That sort of thing.
That said I know multiple posts ostencibly about the same thing would be frowned upon and rightly so, it is tantamount to spamming.
Hence this question.

Thanks for the responce thus far
Al

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, you certainly seem to have a number of issues going on, but they all appear to be related to one project. It gets quite confusing and disjointed if multiple threads are started with the same project in mind.

It's very easy to get "hung up" on several different areas of a particular project.

As far as the low-current PSU from a wide V-range input, seems like a switching supply would be the route to go; otherwise you could wind up with lots of power dissipation in a linear supply.

But, right now, you're going to wind up with three different threads on one basic project already - so let's carry on over there.

I have many things going on today, and so am in and out.