Add component to LTSpice

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by mauswiesel, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mauswiesel

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Hello people !
    im using LTspice, but i can't find the lm317 regulator.. i found the code from RonH
    but lol... how do i use this to have lm317 in LTSpice ?? i searched on google, but it's not as easy for such a "simple" thing

thanks for your help :)

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    The attached file, LM317.zip, contains:

LM317.sub - place in ...\SwitcherCad\lib\sub
    LM317.sym - place in ...\SwitcherCad\lib\sym\PowerProducts
    That way it will show up in the list with Linear Technology's power products.

Since I've added LM317.sub in the symbol itself, you don't have to use the .INCLUDE LM317.sub SPICE directive.

3. mauswiesel

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Hey !

It's working perfectly !!! thanks again for your time that's nice !! :):)

4. kkazem

Jul 23, 2009
    Hi all,
    FYI: There is an excellent forum for LTSPICE users on yahoo. Just go to yahoo and search the forums for LTSPICE. It's run and often answered by one of the authors of LTSPICE and there are lots of problems asked and answered. It's been there for at least about 2 years that I know of, if not longer and therefore, has a very long list of answered questions and problems. And of course, it's free to join and open to anyone interested.
    Regards,
    Kamran Kazem

kingdano likes this.
  5. kingdano

Apr 14, 2010

i can vouch for this forum as well - just this week i needed to add the same part to my LTSpice - i joined the group and had the .zip file in a matter of minutes.

6. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I just wanted to thank you for the spice model.

7. picbuck

Dec 13, 2010
    A word of thanks to SgtWookie from me too. Worked the first time and the readings make sense. Saved!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013