Add button to existing buttons on keyfob

Prnolasco

Joined Mar 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I'm a student in my senior year working on my final project. My task was to make our project wireless so my group decided to buy a 315MHz key fob and receiver for an arduino.
My question is can I add a button that connects to the negative and positive leads of the existing key fob to send the signal that way?

Prnolasco

Joined Mar 18, 2016
the website is not letting me upload the basic circuit. What i am trying building is a low cost digital xray receptor box. we are using a digital camera connected to a servo motor as our shutter remote. We need it be wireless because once the techs push the button to fire the x-rays we need the camera to start taking an image. The key fob that we purchased cannot go on top of the x-ray trigger so I was wanting to attach the fob to the side of the trigger and then running leads from the positive and negative of the key fob to a push button on the trigger. This will allow the techs to operate the full system with one press of the button. Thank you for your information

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
If what i think you're doing is short out the keyfob push button, and the apply power to the keyfob and it transmits info straight away?

Prnolasco

Joined Mar 18, 2016
yea, pretty much. just eliminating the button of the key fob and attaching my own push button. Will that still send the signal to the receiver on the other side of the room? In my thinking i would just be adding a straight wire from the negative to the positive of the key fob but the circuit would only be completed when my added push button was compressed. Is my thinking correct?

Prnolasco

Joined Mar 18, 2016
ok. Thank you for your help. In our program we don't do much electrical work so I wasn't if I was going to actually get connection and signal. Thank you again.

Prnolasco

Joined Mar 18, 2016
we are using an intensifying screen to convert the x-ray photons into light photons and the camera will capture this data like it would taking a star image. The camera is protected by lead glass to prevent frying the camera with the photons.