Adc0804,dac0808

TAKYMOUNIR

Joined Jun 23, 2008
Hi ,I have problem with the ADC when I put the input on pin 6 sinewave (2 KHZ 5vp-p) once I put the input on pin 6 I see that the signal is get clipped mean the negative part of the signal is gone and only I have the half positive of the signal so can someone help me

Attachments

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hi ,I have problem with the ADC when I put the input on pin 6 sinewave (2 KHZ 5vp-p) once I put the input on pin 6 I see that the signal is get clipped mean the negative part of the signal is gone and only I have the half positive of the signal so can someone help me
I guess your ADC does not recognize negative voltages. Check the datasheet to see which voltages your ADC is designed to work with.

Or you could move the offset up. I assume right now you have sine wave from -5 volt to +5 volt. If you move the offset up by 5 volt, you sine wave will be from 0 volt to 10 volt. Again check the datasheet of your ADC to see if it accept 10 volt input.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I guess your ADC does not recognize negative voltages. Check the datasheet to see which voltages your ADC is designed to work with.

Or you could move the offset up. I assume right now you have sine wave from -5 volt to +5 volt. If you move the offset up by 5 volt, you sine wave will be from 0 volt to 10 volt. Again check the datasheet of your ADC to see if it accept 10 volt input.
Ok. I just checked my textbook. The very very very very basic setup for ADC0804 is input Vin(+) is from 0 volt to 5 volt. So it will simply ignore all the negative voltages you are sending to it. The negative voltages all become 0 volt because that is the lowest that the chip can take.

Last edited:

TAKYMOUNIR

Joined Jun 23, 2008
Ok. I just checked my textbook. The very very very very basic setup for ADC0804 is input Vin(+) is from 0 volt to 5 volt. So it will simply ignore all the negative voltages you are sending to it. The negative voltages all become 0 volt because that is the lowest that the chip can take.
thanks it works ok now with positive vin

TAKYMOUNIR

Joined Jun 23, 2008

thanks so much,it works now ,and last question when i put 1 vp-p(100 HZ) on pin 3 ,the chip stop working,so is what is the problem